SDRplay 2 with SDR server and SDR Console V2.3 experience

General discussions
Andre-nl

SDRplay 2 with SDR server and SDR Console V2.3 experience

Post by Andre-nl » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi all,

I ám thinking to buy a SDR play, i a'm testing with SDRserver (V2.0) with a RTL dongle and SDR console on my laptop (version V2.3)
wit the RTL its working, but i cant say its great, on 28.xxx MHZ i got some recieving on 7.xxx nothing the ban seems to be dead also no "waterfall nothing" .
So i dont know if its the RTL dongle of the SDR server it self that is the problem, but oke now i want some beter hardware so iám thinking to buy the SDRplay 2.

my questions are,
- is there someone there with a SDRplay and SDRserver application ? (version 2), what is your experience with the application and SDRplay ?
- are there other tools that work with a remote login ?, that is becourse i have all hardware on the attic, and like to login with my laptop in my living room
- are there other options to make RTLplay connect to IP ?

Tnx
-A
Last edited by Andre-nl on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: SDRplay 2 with SDR server and SDR Console V2.3 experience

Post by mikeladd » Mon May 01, 2017 12:40 pm

I have used it in the past and it works great. Your network speed dictates the amount of bandwidth you can pipe. Don't expect anything over 1 to 1.5 MHz of bandwidth over a LAN and a lot less over the internet. Your dongle is not working on 7.x MHz because it's a hardware limitation of the RTL. It will not go that far down. Console does not support Q branch natively either (HF for the new RTL-SDR Blog dongles)

Reason: No reason