RSP2Pro, SPRUno, and the Mac

General discussions
thormusique

RSP2Pro, SPRUno, and the Mac

Post by thormusique » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:15 am

I'm about to purchase an RSP2 or RSP2Pro. However, one thing I'm wondering is how usable this device and the SPRUno software are on the Mac. Sorry if I'm repeating others' questions here, but I haven't been able to find out much on this topic anywhere. I'd be grateful if anyone could provide some advice, pointers, or caveats. I'm a lifelong user of both PCs and Macs, but as someone who works in the world of music and audio—and is a serious amateur photographer—I prefer Macs every time.

I haven't been able to find a definitive discussion as to computer requirements for these products, but I'm hoping against hope that I'll be able to use SDRPlay products to satisfy my SWL/amateur radio passion.

Thanks very much!
Last edited by thormusique on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Paul

Re: RSP2Pro, SPRUno, and the Mac

Post by Paul » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:00 am

Although primarily a Mac user, I use a PC for SDRuno and the RSP2.
However, the link below takes you to the SDRplay downloads page where the necessary software to run them on a Mac is located.

https://www.sdrplay.com/downloads/

I understand that it can be run successfully using Cubic, although some users appear to have problems setting this up, it would seem to work satisfactorily and many seem to like the programme.
It's rather a shame that SDRuno won't run on a Mac though as it's a fantastic piece of software.

Sasan

Re: RSP2Pro, SPRUno, and the Mac

Post by Sasan » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:21 am

thormusique wrote:I'm about to purchase an RSP2 or RSP2Pro. However, one thing I'm wondering is how usable this device and the SPRUno software are on the Mac. Sorry if I'm repeating others' questions here, but I haven't been able to find out much on this topic anywhere. I'd be grateful if anyone could provide some advice, pointers, or caveats. I'm a lifelong user of both PCs and Macs, but as someone who works in the world of music and audio—and is a serious amateur photographer—I prefer Macs every time.

I haven't been able to find a definitive discussion as to computer requirements for these products, but I'm hoping against hope that I'll be able to use SDRPlay products to satisfy my SWL/amateur radio passion.

Thanks very much!

Also a Mac user here. I've been using my SDRPlays solely on Mac. I am using CubicSDR (mainly) and Gqrx for listening.
There are also various utilities for different use-cases that support SDRPlay (for example UHR for signal analysis, GNURadio for DSP stuff, ....)
On Windows you can find older and more popular apps (HDSDR, SDRSharp, SDR-Console, SDRUno, ...) but it does not mean you cannot use your SDRs on other operating systems.

DF2HF, NM9A, EP2C