A tip for older programs on win 7 & 10

General discussions
Wizard6733

A tip for older programs on win 7 & 10

Post by Wizard6733 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:52 pm

So I realized something kinda funny but it made me mad also. I've been using win xp for years to decide NOAA and meteor satellite images using hdsdr rtl-sdr and later on using rsp1 with orbitron and wxtoimg with no problems. I recently got a laptop with win 10 and notice my pics I was getting weren't near as good as my 10+ year old tower with xp and anybody that's used orbitron knows u have to update the keplers about every day or 2 for Doppler shift with satellites. Well I noticed every time I opened orbitron on my laptop a message comes up saying my keplers are over 30 days old and I'm like " I just updated them yesterday" so I figured it was a glitch and would update again and go on. Today I looked at the modify dates on all my Kepler files and they were the original that came with the program when orbitron came out in 2005 so I was running on 12 year old keplers. Administrator mode allowed me to update them but wouldn't link hdsdr to orbitron so I uninstalled orbitron and installed in just in the C drive and not the default program files x86 folder and things are working perfect again. I guess if u use older programs like I do that came out before win 7,8 and 10...I guess it's best to install them onto just the C drive cause the program x86 folder won't let u mod a lot of files without admin permission and some will crash in admin mode cause they are older programs...just a heads up to anybody having problems with older programs on newer OS systems

Reason: No reason