Monitor multiple channels at one time?

General discussions
John Hill

Monitor multiple channels at one time?

Post by John Hill » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:10 am

HI all, I must be really dumb because I cannot for the life of me get to monitor multiple channels, SPRPlay1, SDRUno.

I can get three virtual receivers on the screen but only the first one is active.

Just supposing I do get enlightenment what are the limitations? For example how many channels in one 10Mhz band can I monitor at one?

Thanks for your help.

John

(ZL2AYQ 54 years active on HF)
Last edited by John Hill on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

John Hill

Re: Monitor multiple channels at one time?

Post by John Hill » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:55 pm

OK, I made some progress today but now I am stuck at how to set the 10Mhz window?

If I open a VRX at the middle of the intended window (i.e. lowest wanted frequency = 5Mhz) that gets it close enough but there must be a better way than that?

Any help much appreciated.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:30 pm

I tend not to use multiple RX's (I'm old-fashioned that way) so I don't know how to set them up. But if you are asking how to open one RX with a width of 10 MHz, just choose a sample rate of 10 MHz and a decimation rate of 1. This will give a spectrum/waterfall width of 10 MHz, and whatever receive frequency you select will have a 10MHz window.
The Facebook group is much busier than this forum, it's worth asking the guys over there.

Andy

AussieSusan

Post by AussieSusan » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:32 am

I found the YouTube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq6hF5g2J9M to be very useful (if you don't like clocking on the link, go into YouTube and search for "SDRUno VRX" and it was the first on the list for me).
Susan