No audio with CubicSDR on Raspberry Pi

General discussions
franko

No audio with CubicSDR on Raspberry Pi

Post by franko » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:39 am

Tonight I thought I'd try connecting my RSP2 to a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B running the CubicSDR software, installed per the instructions here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcbnoaYnL8

The software appears to start fine and recognizes my RSP2, and I see signals on the waterfall. However, I get absolutely no audio output -- no noise or clicks or anything. I've tried several headphones plugged into the Raspberry Pi's audio jack, and am certain the hardware works because I've used both the headphones and the Pi's audio output for other purposes. In the menu bar at the top of the Raspbian desktop I've clicked on the speaker icon and ensured that the audio is set to 100%.

Is there something else I need to do? Or perhaps is there some issue such as the audio being routed out the HDMI port?

Reason: No reason

franko

Re: No audio with CubicSDR on Raspberry Pi

Post by franko » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Actually I have it sorted out now. I wasn't aware that I needed to click in the waterfall to create a "modem" and start receiving audio. CubicSDR is organized a little differently from other SDR software programs I've used, and I'll have to spend more time with it (and read the manual) to get to know it better.

Chrisso

Re: No audio with CubicSDR on Raspberry Pi

Post by Chrisso » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:48 pm

Hi Franko
I'm glad I'm not alone!
Chrisso
Last edited by Chrisso on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.