tablet suggestions, and my MFJ 1708 results

General discussions
TOROSERVICE

tablet suggestions, and my MFJ 1708 results

Post by TOROSERVICE » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:29 am

Hello folks...

I'd like to explain my situation a bit. I need to monitor a variety of transmitters used for low power UHF data, just 450-470 for the band. Some 900mhz use is on the horizon though. This can be analog, with POCSAG, packet data being the primary form of transmission, and also in the digital end of things a proprietary digital mode.

What I'd like to do, is be equipped with an RSP2pro, antenna, a tablet (and perhaps a USB battery supply) and perform my signal strength tests in the field, without having to lug around a laptop. Lighter is better!

Any suggestions on a Windows based tablet to run SDRuno?

On another note - so far, the MFJ 1708 (or new MFJ 1708SDR) has performed well, but I took an online suggestion and put two big diodes back to back from the center to ground on the receive SO-239. I just used some 6amp rectifier diodes we had laying around the shop in a bin. In case of minute timing issue, or relay fail, the diodes "may" help save things. Have not tried it with RSP2pro yet, as its not arrived yet (maybe Friday). But I have tried it with an ICOM IC-R75 as the receiver and ICOM IC-7200 transceiver as the transmitter, and it works without a hitch. The IC-7200 runs at 70watts as an exciter for an amplifier which is usually doing about 500watts or so.

Many thanks for tablet suggestions
Last edited by TOROSERVICE on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

mikeladd

Re: tablet suggestions, and my MFJ 1708 results

Post by mikeladd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:05 am

I have had great luck with Winbooks and NuVision tablets.

https://www.nuvision.com/

Reason: No reason