Console 3 hangs

General discussions
K2PAA

Console 3 hangs

Post by K2PAA » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

HI,
I have used the previous SDR-Console 3 which expired in late 2017 without any problems, however, the new version does not run correctly and hangs.

My system consists of: Computer - I7-4230 with 16 gigs of memory running at 3.7 GHz. The operating system is Windows 10 with all current updates.

Radio is Yaesu FTdx3000. Interface to radio is USB and OmniRig software at 38k baud on COM4. The SDRPlay version 1 SDR is connected to first stage RF output.

When the system loads it senses the correct radio frequency but any manual change to the radio hangs the software which stops working. Other SDR programs such as SDRRun work correctly. All required software support libraries seem to have loaded correctly.

Is there anything that I am missing? The previous version was a great program and I miss having it available

Thanks
Bill
Last edited by K2PAA on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: Console 3 hangs

Post by Roger » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:47 pm

K2PAA wrote:HI,
Radio is Yaesu FTdx3000. Interface to radio is USB and OmniRig software at 38k baud on COM4. The SDRPlay version 1 SDR is connected to first stage RF output.

When the system loads it senses the correct radio frequency but any manual change to the radio hangs the software which stops working. Other SDR programs such as SDRRun work correctly. All required software support libraries seem to have loaded correctly.

Is there anything that I am missing? The previous version was a great program and I miss having it available

Thanks
Bill
Did you mean "first stage IF output" . If so did you configure SDR Console for IF out as shown below? You can check the logfile as shown below to see if there are any errors. Make sure you are using latest version of SDR-Console which is Dec. 14 2017.

There is a support group for SDR-Console at groups.io
Attachments
IF Out.PNG
IF Out.PNG (24.73 KiB) Viewed 6489 times
logfile.PNG
logfile.PNG (23.95 KiB) Viewed 6489 times

Reason: No reason