SDR Console V3 recording playback navigator window

General discussions
Bobman50

SDR Console V3 recording playback navigator window

Post by Bobman50 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 pm

I have recorded the entire MW band for 11,5 hours. Starting 11th of January at 21:00 UTC, ending 12th of January 08:30. Using the playback window and presetting start playback time is tricky. It works ok until I try to change playback time to 12th of January for instance 06:00 UTC. This setting does not work. Is this a software problem or can somebody tell me to do this. One more issue is that when you once have moved forward in the playback file it is impossible to move backwards other than starting over from the beginning of the recording. This "Navigator" does not work as one would expect. If you have some ideas how I could solve this I would be very happy. As it is now, scanning of a recorded file is more or less impossible.

Reason: No reason

bigroo1958

Re: SDR Console V3 recording playback navigator window

Post by bigroo1958 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi Bobman50,
Wow, do you realize what you have done, 11.5 hours recording of the entire MW band, that's, 11.5 hours per frequency, you must have a lot of time on your hands to review the recordings.
I record the entire MW band daily, one minute before the TOH 11:59pm and 1 minute past 12:01am, this is a total of 2 minutes. I am not too sure where you are located, but here in the US, all AM stations are required to identify themselves close to the top of the hour, so, with my recordings I hear all the ID's.

As for your question of rewind your recording, on the "Playback Navigator" at the bottom, you can click the red squares to replay that portion rather than restart the recording from the beginning, I am not too sure what you will see at the bottom with 11.5 hours of recordings, but I assume you will see the hour and the minute intervals.

I hope this helps!

Bobman50

Post by Bobman50 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks bigroo1958! You have just opened my eyes for this playback function. It does really work as you describe. Being Swedish I may not understand all details for different functions. And yes, I do realize what I have done. I have about 700Gbyte to search for interesting ID:s and call signs. It is common among Swedish DX:ers to do like this: recording the whole night and even more on "DXpeditions". We can listen to north american AM stations from about 10pm to sometimes 10am (local time). So you start the recording and then you go to bed and sleep tight and in the morning you may have a lot of interesting stuff to hear. So a good playback navigator is essential. I did this recording with a 400m beverage antenna. There were good radio propagation this night and I heard among many others KOMO on 1000 kHz from Seattle. It is quite a distance from my listening spot not far from the city of Norrkoping in the south of Sweden. 73:s from Bobman.

bigroo1958

Post by bigroo1958 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Thanks Bobman50!
I am glad to help out, I am still learning about this software but I find something new every day.
I know understand why you have recorded so many hours, makes good sense and a great idea especially when on Dxpeditions!
Thanks again!!

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 am

If you want to record hours of IQ data you need a way to analyse the files efficiently. SDR-Console V2 is a completed project unlike V3 which is not even in beta stage yet. SDR Console V2 has a companion Data Analyser program which is very effective at graphically analysing and playing recorded IQ files. I suggest you try it out -it is is very impressive. I can't remember if it will analyse files recorded by V3.

Bobman50

Post by Bobman50 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Roger, I have tried the V2 as you suggest but I find this version very different from V3 both for functions and layout.
V2 is also crashing when I start the playback. V3 works now ok when it comes to playback navigation. But I have still a frequency display problem.
The recorded frequency display went suddenly crazy as I have tried to describe on a separate topic .