Innocent question

General discussions
Paul

Innocent question

Post by Paul » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:26 pm

Has anyone noticed a marked increase in AM Broadcast breakthrough (particularly in the MF Band) in southern UK over the past couple of days -or have I perhaps suddenly created a local problem for myself?

Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: Innocent question

Post by g1hbe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Hi Paul. Can't say I've seen any change, but then I have filters all over the place and tend not to see MW images etc anyway. Chances are you have changed something without realising it. Sampling rate and ZIF/LIF setting can cause a difference in performance. What exactly are you seeing, and where?

Andy

Paul

Re: Innocent question

Post by Paul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:32 am

Actually, the only conceivable change that I've made, is possibly having started to use uno 2.2.
Of recent months, I have been looking for NDB' s (with satisfying -for me) success, using Port A with my active mini-whip (the Ukrainian job), which performs pretty well.
I've been using uno's built-in MF/VHF filter, which has obviously kept the AM breakthrough down to an extent (and still does). However, whilst this is obviously still working, the breakthrough is now far more widespread in the band and I believe stronger.
I haven't moved house, nor changed anything in my antenna system, apart from my recently first go at the hula-loop, which is only selected via a switch box when I want to play with it.
I certainly can understand your fascination with loops!
Mark 2 will be a cracker I hope......
PS: Tried 1.5MM cable, which appeared to affect the signal strength adversely, so went to speaker wire, which dramatically improved things.
Thanks for your responses.