RSP1A use as panadapter

General discussions
GM4FDM

RSP1A use as panadapter

Post by GM4FDM » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:24 pm

can this be used as a pan adapter using HDSDR, SDRUno or similar using the IF output 8.215 Mhz on a K3 trx?

Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: RSP1A use as panadapter

Post by Roger » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:59 pm

Yes the RSP can be used as a Panadapter. Some users find that HDSDR software has the best features for this application.

Read how to do it here - http://www.sdrplay.com/wp-content/uploa ... rGuide.pdf

GM4FDM

Post by GM4FDM » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi Roger, I asppear to have it working with SDR Uno. I cant quite get my old head around it. This is new technology to me.
IU am using an elecraft K3 if you are familiar with that radio. Utilising the IF output at 8.215 Mhz. II can hear CW signals on the RSP1A and the waterfall clearly displays them. Is there any way for the "frequency bar" to show the actual frequency rather than the frequency up or down from 8.215.
I would like to be able to read the actual frequency from the pan adapter of the stations I am receiving if that is possible. Rather than "guess" their frequency from the IF display, or is that a step too far.

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 am

GM4FDM wrote:Hi Roger, I asppear to have it working with SDR Uno. I cant quite get my old head around it. This is new technology to me.
IU am using an elecraft K3 if you are familiar with that radio. Utilising the IF output at 8.215 Mhz. II can hear CW signals on the RSP1A and the waterfall clearly displays them. Is there any way for the "frequency bar" to show the actual frequency rather than the frequency up or down from 8.215.
I would like to be able to read the actual frequency from the pan adapter of the stations I am receiving if that is possible. Rather than "guess" their frequency from the IF display, or is that a step too far.
In order to display the frequency you will need to have a communication link between your K3 and the SDR Radio program. This done by using Omni-Rig. I assume you have that running. It is my understanding from other users' post that SDRUno does not have all the panadapter features that are in the HDSDR program. HDSDR has many options for the panadapter and should be able to handle the offset for you. It is a free program so why not try it out. Here is a screenshot of the setup options.
Attachments
panny.PNG
panny.PNG (37.71 KiB) Viewed 13149 times