SETTINGS

General discussions
N2PKT

SETTINGS

Post by N2PKT » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello Everyone! Tried using the manual (with the PDF search options) to find these settings on my RSP1
I can't find them! Probably right in front of me, but I'm lost! Specifically, I have to do the following:

1) Set IF Mode to Zero IF
2) Set input level display to Gain
3) Set RF Gain to 84.5 and IF Gain to 40db
4)Under AUX SP reduce the bandwith to 50 khz
5) To obtain a clean view of the signal waveform
in the MAIN SP window, select Main,SP>SETT>FFT
and set value to "32"

I know this is a lot to ask, but if there is someone out there
willing to help me step by step on these changes, I'd be most appreciative!
I'm playing around with another setting for APT WX Satellites and want to see
if they work better than my present set up!

Thanks!
Last edited by N2PKT on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: SETTINGS

Post by Tech_Support » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:18 pm

To set Zero IF mode (ZIF) if you are not already in ZIF mode, select the settings on the Main Panel (SETT button) In the Input tab, you will see the IF mode setting near the bottom. Select Zero IF.
Above that setting, you will see Input Level Display. Set that to Gain.

On the Main panel with the RSP1, you only have the LNA On/Off, so disable IF AGC and ensure that your LNA is turned ON. Adjust your IF gain slider until your total gain is 84.5 dB

In the Rx Control Panel, select FM and then WFM and pick 60 kHz preset bandwidth.

In the SP2 window, the vertical red lines on the spectrum display show the width of the SP2 filter and these are at +/- 30 kHz. Left click on one of the red lines and drag the line to 20 kHz so that your double sided bandwidth is now 40 kHz.

with question 5), I think you may be talking about averaging. Open up the settings window for the SP1 panel by clicking on the SETT button in the top left hand corner. Under the FFT Avg drop down menu, select 32.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

Reason: No reason