RSP 1 Set-up settings challanges

General discussions
wolfhound

RSP 1 Set-up settings challanges

Post by wolfhound » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 pm

I had my RSP 1 set-up a couple of years ago. After moving and the host laptop failing I let it sit for far too long. Now getting back into the hobby I am running into challenges. I wish I had backed up that configuration. So, here I am working through the same issues again. It seems that this is truly user error.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Equipment Used
1) HP Laptop Running Win 7 x64 Memory 4030 Meg
RSP 1
Running HDSDR version 2.76 installed via the SDR Play website

2) Normally strong FM signals can barely be heard due to white noise (static). I have tried in both FM and ECSS modes.
I have tuned to FM radio stations and NOAA frequencies. Being located close to DFW airport I would have thought that I would be able to pick up some frequencies. I have also tried numerous AM stations as well. I have also tried various locations inside and outside of my house.

3) After following a getting started guide I thought that I may have done something wrong as I was unable to tune in any FM or AM station audibly. I was not receiving any error messages just heavy white noise over the very weak audio.

4) I have seen two different DLL files called out during the course of my looking into my issue online. Below are both the files I have tried. I am confused as to which one I should be using at this point or does it matter. The files are ExtIO_RTL2832.DLL and ExtIO_RTL.DLL

5) NOTE: I can add screenshots if that would help in anyway.
Last edited by wolfhound on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Mike2459

Re: RSP 1 Set-up settings challanges

Post by Mike2459 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:32 pm

I would try SDRUno to see if I get the same result.

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:44 am

wolfhound wrote:
4) I have seen two different DLL files called out during the course of my looking into my issue online. Below are both the files I have tried. I am confused as to which one I should be using at this point or does it matter. The files are ExtIO_RTL2832.DLL and ExtIO_RTL.DLL

Neither of those are correct for the RSP1. The DLL file which you should be using is ExtIO_SDRPlay_RSP1.DLL.

wolfhound

Post by wolfhound » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Well, I tried SDRuno and it worked. I don't fully understand why this is but I am happy.

Now I need to get back into getting my set-up back together antenna wise.

Thank you again.
Last edited by wolfhound on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:44 pm

My guess is the extio dll was not loaded. You should be able access the extio control panel by from within hdsdr. If you can not then that is likely the problem.
Attachments
HDSDR.JPG
HDSDR.JPG (195.53 KiB) Viewed 11632 times