uninstall drivers on Mac?

General discussions
m.magrini

uninstall drivers on Mac?

Post by m.magrini » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 pm

Hello, I've installed SDRplay_RSP_API-MacOSX-2.11.2 on my Macbook in order to use Cubic.
But now I've got a conflict with the drivers on the Windows Virtual Machine.
How can I remove the drivers from the Mac?
Last edited by m.magrini on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

AussieSusan

Re: uninstall drivers on Mac?

Post by AussieSusan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:02 am

I can't answer your question directly but I run a Windows VM (Parallels) and I have the driver installed on both then mu iMac and the Windows 10 VM without an issue.
It probably depends on your VM hypervisor but I was under the impression that most of them made the USB port available to the VM as a raw device. (Actually that is not quite true as I have a program that must run in Windows to reprogram a radio of mine but it works nicely from Bootcamp but not from the VM as it uses some "special" mode at the hardware level.)
Exactly what sort of conflict are you getting?
Susan

m.magrini

Post by m.magrini » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:51 pm

Hello Susan, I am using windows 10 under VMWare fusion. Before installing the mac drivers sdruno was working correctly. Now (after i installed and tried Cubic on the Mac OS) it says it cannot find any Sdrplay device. Strangely, If I look into the Control Panel->System I can find it listed.
Last edited by m.magrini on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 am

Hi m.m,

As per AussieSusan there is no issue with an older iMac in my radio shack and my setup is similar to yours, running Cubic on the Mac side and SDRUno and others under VMWare Fusion - Windows 10.

I therefore wonder if something else is happening to you, eg. on my machine VMFusion won't recognise the SDRPlay USB hardware and reports it isn't found and requires setting USB compatibility to USB2 from the default USB3. You could try that:

Go into the VMWare Menu: Virtual Machine > Settings... > USB & Bluetooth > [click on the SDRPlay device] > Advanced (the tiny down arrow) > USB Compatibility 2

Also the SDRPlay can't be found if the SDRPlay hardware is connected to the iMac at the time Windows 10 boots, the hardware has to be unplugged, then pause a moment, then reconnect it to get Win10 to register it's presence. That's accompanied by an audio down-up trill that only a Microsoft Mother would love.

FWIW my radio shack iMac is 27-inch, Mid 2011, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM and I allocate 2GB RAM and 2 cores to Fusion.

HTH, regards, Phil

AussieSusan

Post by AussieSusan » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:59 am

My guess would be that the cubic driver has grabbed the PID:VID combination for the RSP which is therefore hiding it from the rest of the system.
I assume that you have rebooted the system (I know - a strange thing to do to a Mac!) as that might set things back to rights.
Also I suspect that you should remove the cubic drivers (I still don't know how to do that but perhaps another forum might help there) but things do get a little weird when yo play with the USB drivers on MacOS.
Having said all that, I have run Cubic on my iMac and I dont recall any issues - perhaps just a fading memory!
Susan