RSP1A and HDSDR

General discussions
g3ueg

RSP1A and HDSDR

Post by g3ueg » Mon May 07, 2018 11:53 am

My name is Dave, G3UEG, and am a new user of SDR but have been licensed for over 50 years with conventional radios.

I have used the RSP1A as an IF panadaptor using the Win4Yaesu suite for my FT5K. I now want to experiment using the RSP1A as a general receiver. I want to progress with HDSDR as I have found it easier to understand.

I have two initial questions..
1) I would be grateful for an explanation (or a link to somewhere) about the how the LO and tune frequencies work together and how they should be used.

2) I would like to use a USB tuning knob (eg Griffin Powermate or similar) with HDSR/RSP1A. Has anyone got anything like this implemented?

Any advice and guidance appreciated.
Dave G3UEG
Last edited by g3ueg on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

raven4640

Re: RSP1A and HDSDR

Post by raven4640 » Mon May 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Don't know if this vid is of any use to you,,,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73cv1vXkC1I

mick sa4mdn

g3ueg

Post by g3ueg » Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the vid link.

It was for SDRUno, I would like to know whether, and if so, how to get the same functionality with HDSDR

Dave G3UEG
Last edited by g3ueg on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DJ0HF

Post by DJ0HF » Fri May 11, 2018 9:27 am

I built the vfo knob described in Sprat a few issues ago. It uses the innards from a cheap mouse and you put the electronics in a small box and wire in a rotary encoder in place of the scroll knob and plug it into your PC (USB) as a second mouse. It works fine with SDRuno and with HDSDR and most other programs. I've been really pleased with mine. Let me have your E-Mail address and I'll send you the details.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Sat May 26, 2018 4:27 am

g3ueg wrote:Thanks for the vid link.

It was for SDRUno, I would like to know whether, and if so, how to get the same functionality with HDSDR

Dave G3UEG

Hi Dave,

Sorry for late answer but I didn't se this until now.

First, it is entirely possible and is easy to set up the Griffen Powermate for use with HDSDR. After you have your Grieffen Powermate in hand, you will need to download and install the Powermate software. Then, it is simply a matter of running the Griffen software, adding HDSDR to the application list within, and assigning actions to the knob which will then change frequencies in HDSDR with knob rotation. I can provide specifics if you like.

Hope this helps!

gm4cid

Post by gm4cid » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Hi Dave,

The G4ZFQ website is very informative and will answer your LO question.
https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradi ... sing-hdsdr

For tuning HDSDR the modified USB mouse mentioned above works very well or you can add lot of other functions with an Arduino controller using a Leonardo or Pro Micro board and a cheap mechanical encoder or an optical encoder.

73 Bob GM4CID
Last edited by gm4cid on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.