SDRPlay image for Rasp Pi 3 missing RPi menu

General discussions
robnotbot

SDRPlay image for Rasp Pi 3 missing RPi menu

Post by robnotbot » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:15 am

Hi All

woot woot - noob alert - noob alert - First post - O_O

I've loaded the SDRPlay image onto my RPi 3 and the RPi menu icon (usually a Raspberry on the far left) is missing.

I've searched through preferences, added the RPi config icon and a few others, but the icon that usually gives the drop-down menu which has the safe shutdown icon at the bottom isn't anywhere to be seen.

Is this a 'feature' or a feature for the SDRPlay image to not have this software shutdown option available?

The Software kill is apparently better than just yanking the USB power plug, go figure....

Thanks in Advance,

Robnotbot
Last edited by robnotbot on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: SDRPlay image for Rasp Pi 3 missing RPi menu

Post by sdrplay » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:01 am

The main menu should be there - it's there on mine - you should find EasyPlay and CubicSDR on there, also the usual applications and the shutdown options.

I'm not sure why it's not there on yours. Does the EasyPlay menu auto start when you power the device on? Do you have 0.3 version of the image?

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

robnotbot

Post by robnotbot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:32 am

Yes, the EASYplay V3.0 Welcome Screen appears and I can select EASYplay or Exit to OS.

The Raspberry Pi taskbar starts with the Explorer on the far left instead of the Raspberry Pi menu button, then File Manager, Terminal, Mathmatica and Wolfram.

On the far right I have Bluetooth, Ethernet connections, Speaker/sound, Temperature CPU %, Time, Eject and Raspberry Pi Configuration icons.

I think I will reload the image and see if it changes.

robnotbot

Post by robnotbot » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Fixed - Reformatted the SD card (including removing the partitions - you can't reload the image without removing the partitions first) and reloaded the image, RPi menu now available.

I think something happened when I tried to change the screen resolution, even though the mouse pointer was definitely hitting the edge of the usable desktop.

Thanks support ;)