All images are black

General discussions
ZL2BMH

All images are black

Post by ZL2BMH » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:16 am

Hello All.
I have accidentally touched something or maybe changed something accidentally but after the NOOA sat has gone over all my images are black except 'raw' I think, there is an outline of NZ (my country) but even that has a black background. Other then that every image is a black square, what have I done wrong.
Things I have checked.
1. In sounds on the computer, VB Cable is checked.
2. VB cable shows up in WXtoimg.

Desperate for help have read WXtoinmh instructions
Regards to all
Jim
My gear is: RSP1a, SDRuno W10 computer

Reason: No reason

RSP2user

Re: All images are black

Post by RSP2user » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 am

It is likely not an issue with your RSP1a or setup. There is an issue within the WXtoIMG software itself (possibly being impacted by a Windows 10 update) that does what you describe. If you are describing that all of your previously saved .png weather images have gone black after being stored for several months, this occurs with WXtoIMG. You may be able to open the raw images from the RAW Images tab within WXtoIMG and then save them in .jpg format using "save image as" under File, but you will not be able to save them as .png without them remaining dark. If you have a license key, you can reinstall WXtoIMG and the issue clears up for several months, but it will happen again. If you have a trial license version of WXtoIMG, that may also be the issue, if your license has expired. If it is an expired license issue, refer to the information here:

License Key information and guide: https://leshamilton.co.uk/wxtoimg.htm

There are also Windows 10 users describing similar problems on the Microsoft forums for .png images with transparent backgrounds turning back.

It is not clear if this is an intentional operation of WXtoIMG or a conflict with a WIndows 10 update.

Of course, since you are in New Zealand, perhaps you can track down Craig Anderson and see if he will make the WXtoIMG source code available for others to add to and improve on or perhaps just fix existing bugs and make a new version available.

ZL2BMH

Post by ZL2BMH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:38 am

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated. I will keep you informed and for other users info too.
Jim.

ZL2BMH

Post by ZL2BMH » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:48 pm

I am sorry sir, but I have to correct you.

The downloads from all NOAA sats are black. There are no visible images ie, one image has the outline of NZ with rivers, lakes and cities showing in the selected colours but it has black background as expected as one always comes like that but the other images are all black with absolutely nothing on them. There are no visible images showing anything at all. Just a black screen.

I don't save any at all.

Can you or anyone else help please.

Regards to all ..Jim.

RSP2user

Post by RSP2user » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:08 am

If the incoming images being generated are all black as they come in, the issue is that the audio signal is not high enough or not being transferred from the RSP1a to WXtoIMG. Verify the audio level setting from SDRuno is at a high enough level and that the virtual audio loopback software is working properly. While a NOAA satellite is overhead, you can set the audio to be heard out the PC speakers to verify that the level from SDRuno is high enough and then select the virtual audio cable loopback and see if WXtoIMG then responds properly.