Anyone Using CUBIC On A Mac ?

General discussions
Robert11

Anyone Using CUBIC On A Mac ?

Post by Robert11 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Hi Folks,

Have an RSP-2 which I run on my Mac via Parallels which provides a "virtual" W10.
Have pretty much homed in on SDRuno as my program of choice. Really impressive software.

But, I thought it would be fun to play around with another package, so I am trying
to get Cubic to run. One advantage with Cubic is that it runs directly on the Mac OS.

Have tried just about everything I can come up with to get it going.

Downloaded the drivers from the SDRPlay site, and as far as i can tell, they installed fine. (but not sure exactly where on the Mac they are)
Also did multiple installs of the program, etc.

I can get the program screen to show up, but it won't run.

Another screen comes up with "Devices" on the left and those "Soapy" items on the right.

The only thing (on the left side) that shows is Local/Apple Mic
Nothing under Remote
Under manual, just a bunch of (due to multiple tries) of: Not Found (SDRPlay)

On the right side, sometimes SDRPlay shows, sometimes not as a selectable option.
When it does, I tried the ADD button and the Refresh button, but it
still won't come up on the left side of the screen.

If anyone has been successful getting Cubic to run on the Mac, would be most appreciative for
any, very exact, how to do it step by steps. e.g., exactly what and where to download, install, etc.

Sr. Citizen now, and I miss a lot of the nuances, beside not being too sharp with this "stuff," so really explicit steps would really be great.

Must be doing something wrong, but have spent hours on it,and can't come up with what I am obviously missing.

Thanks,
Bob

Reason: No reason

fotoralf

Re: Anyone Using CUBIC On A Mac ?

Post by fotoralf » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:54 pm

Here, it takes a hit on the Refresh button to make the SDRplay come up.

Ralf

Reason: No reason