Have programmable attenuator, missing software, please help!

General discussions
glovisol

Have programmable attenuator, missing software, please help!

Post by glovisol » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:18 pm

OLED DISPLAY 6G DIGITAL PROGRAMMABLE ATTENUATOR 30 dB STEP 0.25 dB RF MODULE BG

On sixth of February I order this attenuator. I thought it would take ages from Hong Kong: it arrived today, this is very quick, by my experience with Far East shipments. It works fine: you can set it up with its pushbuttons and it is housed in a nice CNC machine milled aluminium box. As soon as I saw it on Ebay I thought this would be another offspring of the PE4302 attenuator chip, but to be sure, I have to open it up. To get the 5 V It comes with an USB cable.

As soon as I plugged it into the PC, I saw that a PROLIFIC DRIVER automatically installed itself, so there must be full blown command software laying around somewhere. Is there any kind reader of this post who knows where and how to get the software for Windows 7?

This evening I will test it with strong on air signals, because any semiconductor between antena and receiver is bound to produce garbage with large signals comig in: I hope to upload a report in the next few days.
Attachments
Oled atten. 1.JPG
Oled atten. 1.JPG (76.25 KiB) Viewed 12027 times
Oled att. 2.JPG
Oled att. 2.JPG (78.33 KiB) Viewed 12027 times

Reason: No reason

Paul

Re: Have programmable attenuator, missing software, please help!

Post by Paul » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:28 am

This might be a "£long-shot," but since it was on eBay, have you tried to contact the seller (it would seem to be in theri interest to respond positively).

sdrom33

Re: Have programmable attenuator, missing software, please help!

Post by sdrom33 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:03 pm

Go to Peregrine site & look for download of test circuit.