installing liquid-dsp problem

General discussions
SDRnerd

installing liquid-dsp problem

Post by SDRnerd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Hi Andy,

On my effort of trying to get the Raspberry Pi4B working with a RSPduo I was following your nice "non windows: getting started" video and have run into a pickle when executing the liquid-dsp install and running ./bootstrap.sh command.

pi@raspberrypi:~/Dev/liquid-dsp $ ./bootstrap.sh
./bootstrap.sh: 30: ./bootstrap.sh: aclocal: not found
./bootstrap.sh: 31: ./bootstrap.sh: autoconf: not found
./bootstrap.sh: 32: ./bootstrap.sh: autoheader: not found
pi@raspberrypi:~/Dev/liquid-dsp $

Any toughts of what is happening here? Everything up until now in the video was succesfull.

Any idea when the micro-cd card for the RasPi4 will be a reality :?:

best 73'
Ron - on2ron

Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: installing liquid-dsp problem

Post by sdrplay » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Hi Ron,

When up against missing functions or libraries, the best thing to try is either...

sudo apt install <missing>

where <missing> is the library or function. From memory when building on the RPi4 I had to add automake, cmake and swig

or search online because sometimes the apt library can have a different name to the function/library that's missing.

I also had to add -latomic to CMakeFiles.txt to get CubicSDR to build correctly.

I have most things running on RPi4 and will build an image once I've finished building them all and we've done testing.

Best regards,

Andy

SDRnerd

Post by SDRnerd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:05 pm

Andy,

At this time I just want to use the RSP4b as a server for SDRplay. I have seen on youtube that there is a SoapySDR server. Maybe I can install this for the present time to get things running for now. Or I can install the TCP server from the SDRplay website.

73' Ron

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:51 pm

I've got Cubic, Gqrx and WSJT-X all running on my newly arrived Pi4B/4 with RSP2 and RSP1A but it took a bit of effort loading missing bits.

Haven't tried running Soapy remote but it was installed along the way.

Buster puts them in funny places in the menu, Gqrx is in "internet", wsjtx is in "Sound & Video" and Cubic is in "other".

It's the first time I've seriously used a Pi GUI as I normally run them desktopless and headless so I'm a total Raspbian GUI novice and don't like it one little bit. Bring on Mint or something sane please!

One annoying side note is that Buster is broadcasting multicast packets once a second on my LAN and I can't figure out how to stop it. Not sure if it's native to Buster or part of my efforts to getting VNC running as VNC wouldn't show a remote desktop until I loaded another desktop package.

Phil

SDRnerd

Post by SDRnerd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:42 am

I have managed to get SoapyRemote running. So far so good for the moment. Seems that the 2048 BW setting is working great on the RasPi4 via LAN. Still have to see what sample rate the 5Ghz Wifi can manage.

Running CubicSDR on the W10/64 pc now but I don't like its performance. Things sound very noisy with bad suppressed audio, even on strong sideband signals. Is there a better W10 program that works with the SoapyRemote server as a client?

73' Ron

vk7jj

Post by vk7jj » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:06 am

Congratulations Ron, can I ask a favour, feel free to say no but I don't know enough to help myself with this.

As mentioned my Pi4 is polling my LAN every second, the polled addresses include

all-systems.mcast.net
all local IP addresses on my LAN

Checking them out it appears as though there's a DLNA package installed and active as mentioned before and I can't figure out what it is and it's still doing it of course.

When I noticed the LAN traffic and tracked it down to the Pi, I then installed iftop and then $ sudo iftop -i wlan0 to see what was happening (it's on WiFI obviously) and that's where the polled info above was seen.

I'd really love someone who's installed a fresh Buster Raspian and the packages you have which seem to be more or less what I've done, to see if you've got the same situation.

Regards,

Phil

Edit: iftop command set, while iftop is running, press keys as below
S - display source port
D - display destination port
n - show IP instead of host name
1/2/3 - sort by the specified column
< - sort by source name
> - sort by destination name
P - pause display ( else it will be often updated to show the current status )
j/k - scroll display
? - for help
PS. I don't know enough to help you with your audio but presume you've checked out the Pothos remote wiki, and I guess Tech Support would have commented if it had been relevant, ie.
The remote format key specifies the stream format that should be used on the remote device. The default behaviour uses the device's native format over the link when the conversion to the local format is supported. Otherwise the remote and local endpoints use the same data format.

However, users can manually override the remote format setting: Specify {"remote:format":"CS16"} to use complex 16-bit integers over the link, or specify {"remote:format":"CS8"} to use complex 8-bit integers over the link; and the remote stream driver will perform the conversion to/from floating point.