DRM audio codec - building - HELP!

General discussions
DaveB

DRM audio codec - building - HELP!

Post by DaveB » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:15 pm

I've found the DRM decoder - successfully receiving it on 5940 kHz from 1800-1900 transmitting in AAC+ - except that it says "no audio codec found". Turns out that due to licencing issues they can't distribute the AAC codecs! So you have to build your own. Can anyone tell me what the instructions on this web site mean? http://drm.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.p ... AC_decoder As far as I'm concerned it may as well be Martian as it appears to assume you know how to do coding.

Or does anyone actually have a working codec and instructions as to how I can implant it into the DRM program folder on my PC.

I'll love to actually hear the audio - and it strikes me as weird that if DRM want to promote digital radio on shortwave they don't make it easy for hobbyists - even if they were to charge you a (small) fee for a ready-built codec!

Rgds

David

CaptainNemo

Re: DRM audio codec - building - HELP!

Post by CaptainNemo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:18 am

sorry to this late answer...
I know there are license problems with codecs
anyway I use DReaM and I managed to get the compiled codec (do not remember how/where ... it's a long time)
if you want i can search it in my dream folder

EA7HGL

Post by EA7HGL » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi David.

If you want to pass me your e-mail (or send me a private one) to send a copy of "Dream DRM", with the right codecs.

Greetings.

Antonio, EA7HGL.

F1BJB

Post by F1BJB » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:21 pm

With the last EXTIOsdrplay dll you can use SODIRA for DRM decoding.
PS :
Use as low as possible sampling frequency.
sodira was designed for soundcard input and is not good with high sampling rates.
Last edited by F1BJB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason