SDRPlay, HDSDR, Ham Radio Deluxe, IF Out?

General discussions
JackSDR

SDRPlay, HDSDR, Ham Radio Deluxe, IF Out?

Post by JackSDR » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Anyone able to offer any help setting up an SDRPlay with Ham Radio Deluxe, HDSDR, and the 73.620Mhz IF Out from a FT1000D.

I have the radio communicating with HRD using CAT. I entered the IF freq in HDSDR and can see the signals but am not clear on how best to configure settings, offsets to get away from the LO freq and have HDSDR display the correct freq.

Maybe someone could discuss the needed HDSDR settings when using IF out or post a screenshot or link with help.

Thanks!
Last edited by JackSDR on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

DaveB

Re: SDRPlay, HDSDR, Ham Radio Deluxe, IF Out?

Post by DaveB » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:37 pm

In HDSDR under "Options" (F7) click on the menu item "RF Front End and Calibration". The left hand section deals with SDR hardware coupling.

I've added an IF output for my Lowe HF-225 which gives a 45 MHz signal - so I set it to "Manually" controlled and "Independent tune in HDSDR" setting the IF frequency to 45000000.

In addition to "manually" there is an option for "by HRD" shich is what you will want.

I hope that points you in the right direction - you can see a number of other options that might be relevant.

For anyone thinking of using an SDR as a panadaptor a useful resource might be this web page http://g4hup.com/PAT.htm he sells high impedance interface boards tailored to various transceivers but also instructions of where to get the IF signal fror a number of different rigs.
Last edited by DaveB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason