Sdr-console V3 Preview is out

General discussions
supwiddiss

Re: Sdr-console V3. Point andclick tuning?

Post by supwiddiss » Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm

In V2 (and other SDR applications) pointing on an active signal and clicking allows tuning to the center freq.
I'm using an RSP2 with Sdr-console V3 and cannot use the touch pad on an ASUS laptop to click and tune.
Any suggestions? I've searched settings and so far, no joy.
Thanks!
Last edited by supwiddiss on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: Sdr-console V3 Preview is out

Post by g1hbe » Fri May 26, 2017 2:50 pm

Please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but why would you want to place a frequency (the one you want to listen to presumably?) at centre? With the SRP units (and any other 'zero IF' SDR) that's where the central DC spike is and should be avoided.

Andy

supwiddiss

Re: Sdr-console V3 Preview is out

Post by supwiddiss » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 pm

g1hbe wrote:Please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding you, but why would you want to place a frequency (the one you want to listen to presumably?) at centre? With the SRP units (and any other 'zero IF' SDR) that's where the central DC spike is and should be avoided.
Clarifying a bit. Clicking ON the frequency to listen to has not worked.
Touchpad "gestures" to tune and/or simple right or left mouse clicks to tune up/down (as in HDSDR).
The developer flat out told me to forget implementation of those things by him.
Scanning/storing search ranges will never happen.
I'm currently using SDR# 1361 with the plugins needed to do what even a cheap table top or expensive professional receiver already has built in.

I will abandon Simon's software for the time being. It's been quite awhile since I have launched it.