Help to get started

General discussions
W4CM

Help to get started

Post by W4CM » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 pm

Newbie here.
Can not get my new SDR Play to work.
I am trying to use HDSDR.
I am getting a spectrum screen but all the signals appear to be birdies and not carriers. Tuning the frequency does not change the carriers.
On the SDRplay RSP Device Controller console window if you hit ExtIO right above SDRplay Ltd. at the bottom of the window I show.... Station: Disabled.
Any help please.

Thanks
Last edited by W4CM on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

jon

Re: Help to get started

Post by jon » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:13 pm

W4CM wrote:Newbie here.
Can not get my new SDR Play to work.
I am trying to use HDSDR.
I am getting a spectrum screen but all the signals appear to be birdies and not carriers. Tuning the frequency does not change the carriers.
On the SDRplay RSP Device Controller console window if you hit ExtIO right above SDRplay Ltd. at the bottom of the window I show.... Station: Disabled.
Any help please.

Thanks
Do contact us on support@sdrplay.com (make sure you have followed the Start here instructions on http://www.sdrplay.com/starthere.php so we can see the specifics of your platform and the state of your installation)

Without knowing more, it's hard to guess, although the 'station disabled' refers to the station identification feature which allows you to see the names of likely short wave broadcast stations on specific frequencies - don't worry about that at this point. Another common problem is people have the gain reduction set too low - it needs to be around -60dB for a typical wire antenna on HF for example.

As I mentioned in my blog today - the otehr way to get fantastic help if you are new to SDR is to join the facebook group - see today's post on http://www.sdrplay.com/blog.html

73, Jon
Last edited by jon on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason