Multiple Bands on SDR Play

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Misterj

Re: Multiple Bands on SDR Play

Post by Misterj » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:45 pm

W9KJO, have you tried either of the applications I suggested? Google surely knows of many more choices. If your computer has an Nvidia video card SDR-Radio will run Cuda code on it to further reduce the CPU load. Enjoy, John.

Reason: No reason

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:23 pm

I own a PC with an i5 4460 processor and 8 GB of RAM it cpu benchmark of 6598. With SDR-Console v3 preview I can run five VFO's across an 8 MHz spectrum window - with SDRPlay set to a 10 mbps (10MHz) sample rate.

Using the Matrix option I can display all five. In my case I am in the FM broadcast band and each VFO will display the RDS (RDBS) information. The Matrix option does what it says - it displays each vfo in its own window - customisable as to the size - eg 2 x 3, 3 x 3

With five VFOs and the matrix option active task manager indicates the total cpu load is 82% with nothing else going on. CPU load without the matrix screen for the same number of vfos is around 75%.

I have not really got into using SDR-Uno - I've had SDR play since Jan 2015 - and am waiting for a few more refinements to make it more suitable for FM-DX use eg a 192kbps raw audio feed from before the MPX and a csv log file from the RDS.

SDR console v3 is pretty easy to get to grips with - but you need to spend time exploring it.

Regards

David

Misterj

Post by Misterj » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:12 pm

W9KJO, SDR-Console is the SDR-Radio application name.

DaveB, do you have an Nvidia video card and if so is the CUDA option enabled in SDR-Console?

Enjoy, John.

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:21 pm

No nvidia card - just the integrated video chip. I opted for a small footprint PC at the beginning of 2015 as in all the years I've had PCs I have only every upped the memory, I have never fitted an expansion card. The PC only has a single expansion slot and if I could squeeze a video card in I'm sure the power supply wouldn't take the load.

When the time comes to replace it SDR-Console v3 might be fully matured and have all the extra little bits I need for my FM-DXing at which point a cuda enable video card could make sense.

David

Misterj

Post by Misterj » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks much, David. I hope W9KJO tries SDR-Console because I suspect it will solve his problem. Enjoy, John.

W9KJO

Post by W9KJO » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Where do I find SDR Console V3. All I have found is a download for V2. Found one site for V3 when I tried to run it Norton quickly deleted it as unsafe.

Suggestions?

W9KJO

Misterj

Post by Misterj » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:44 pm

W9KJO, the link I posted leads directly to this one. I would suggest you stick to the main SDR-Radio site and do not DL from bootleg sites. I have run V3 for two versions now with no problems. Although I do not run Norton, my AV had no complains.
Please give us more details about your computer. Do you have an Nvidia video card, and what is clock speed, memory size, OS including architecture (32/64 bits)? If you continue to have performance problems, please use the Task Manager to observe CPU and memory usage and processes. Hope this helps. Enjoy, John.

NN4F

Post by NN4F » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:55 pm

W9KJO wrote:Where do I find SDR Console V3. All I have found is a download for V2. Found one site for V3 when I tried to run it Norton quickly deleted it as unsafe.

Suggestions?

W9KJO
If downloading from Simons http://sdr-radio.com/v3_preview_downloads site the file is safe, norton is giving a false id, there is no virus, simons software is always clean...

Paul - NN4F

--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay