Unable to select Hi Z antenna port

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Mwarpenburg

Unable to select Hi Z antenna port

Post by Mwarpenburg » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:31 pm

I have a brand new RSP2 that is otherwise working fine. I am using the latest SDRuno.

I am unable to select the Hi Z antenna port. When attempted the software (as represented on the UI) simply jumps to ANT A.

I have tried restarting and most of the obvious things. I am able to select ANT A or ANT B without problems.

Any support or workaround would be much appreciated.

-Mike
Last edited by Mwarpenburg on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Mwarpenburg

Re: Unable to select Hi Z antenna port

Post by Mwarpenburg » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:56 pm

BTW... below is a link that demonstrates the problem. It takes you to a video in my DropBox. Thanks.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/sgvgihfrm6b51q ... m.mp4?dl=0
Last edited by Mwarpenburg on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:57 am

You only show the Main Window so we can't see what frequency you are tuned to. If you are at 30MHz or above this behaviour is correct as the HiZ port is only specified from 1kHz to 30MHz

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Mwarpenburg

Post by Mwarpenburg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Makes sense. I was probably tuned to that frequency and not thinking about it at the time. The DSP engine was stopped at the time. Perhaps a friendly reminder message would be in order... but, my bad.

Thanks very much for the support. You guys are rock stars. I see great things ahead for your company. The "high end" SDR radio companies have to see the writing on the wall. Price competition pressure is going to be coming on strong in the next 4-5 years. SDRuno has a way to go, of course, but it was a brilliant acquisition; it is really going to give you a jump start.

I would love to be a beta tester. I am a retired electrical engineer and programmer with more years of experience than I like to think about. I've coded on more systems & languages than I can remember from microcode all the way to C, C++, C#, Java... LISP & AI. Haha... please don't blame me for AI.

Anyway... what an exciting thing to be part of!

Very best regards,
Mike