SDRplay and SWL usage

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Quimquim

Re: SDRplay and SWL usage

Post by Quimquim » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi all,
not able to post a reply in "Try the RSP remotely- give your feedback here" so I post the reply here ( as my previous message here ).
There is no reply button in that topic.

About using SDRPlay remotely why not consider doing a websdr site.

I think it would be a great opportunity to attract new user on SDRPlay. Not every one is familiar with SDR and SDR program so people looking at web site could easily take a look at SDR world via one of these site and by the way get familiar with SDRPlay module.

As me, I discover SDR via the twente University SDRweb site http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901/ and this conduct me to buy a SDRPlay module.

Think about it !!!! :idea:
Stay tuned !!!! :mrgreen:

Quimquim :P

jon

Post by jon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:58 pm

Sorry, here's a place for feedback on using the remote RSP with SDR-Console viewtopic.php?f=7&t=47

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:56 pm

Moments ago I posted in "SDRplay related/Using sdr# to drive sdrplay rsp"
a long (sorry!) note asking questions about the settings of sdrplay plugin v1.3

I was inspired by "FM DXing results from Dave B" (http://www.sdrplay.com/JHweb/FMDX.html)
a very interesting article where he describe -- among other things -- how to use "LNA GR threshold".

TNX. 73.

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:16 am

This week end I tried SSTV (tnx Jon, tnx DaveB) using randomwire+SDRplay+SDR#+VB_Cable+RXSSTV.
RXSSTV has by default an "auto-trigger" feature, so I tuned 14.230 and let it go.
About 1 out of 4 picture were pretty clear.
Bye

Quimquim

Post by Quimquim » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi again all, :)
even if I didn't post something these days I was following the forum every days.

Lately I was looking for an easy way to use my SDRPlay module in my leaving room. Up to now I had to mount and dismount everything each time I want to listen something.

Now I found a trick to use my SDRPlay from anywhere as well as in the house or anywhere in the world and not just with SDR console but with any SDR program.

The simple trick...... :idea: I was doing friends computer support via "TEAMVIEWER" and looking at the options I see that since version 7.0 it can, more that sharing the screen, also share the sound from the computer who is controlled remotely.

So I give a try and it work Great. I plug my SDRPlay module on the computer in the basement and, from a laptop in the leaving room, I can operate and listen everything remotely.

I even tried with a friend in France. I ask him to take the control of my computer and it was like he was sit in my house.

Voila!! a simple trick to have fun with your SDRPlay from anywhere!!! :lol: ( Naturally all you need is two computer )

I don't know but maybe it's also possible from a tablet or a Smartphone. But I didn't have any of these to try. :?:

Have fun.

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:55 am

Hi all.
Some minutes ago I saw in an other part of the forum, a post waiting an answers from a long time.
Of course it is not a capital issue...no one in distress...
Anyway I think it is time to "organize" the info in this forum. This thread now is collecting more and more contribution.
I suppose we can open new threads under "SDRplay related" with this "naming convention":
SWLing-HF Broadcast and DRM
SWLing-HF Ham bands related (including digital modes)
SWLing-HF ...
SWLing-VHF ...
SWLing-UHF ...

I mean, starting the name with "SWLing" (so we can identify at first sight the argument of interest)
and then adding some detail.
Since opening too much thread can be worst than having all in a single thread, the aim of this post
is to collect your opinions... Please -- everyones -- do your proposal!

bye

Quimquim

Post by Quimquim » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi all,
I found a very useful site for those who want to identify a station or, in inverse, look for a station in the SW band.

You can search by band, language, broadcaster or frequency. Very well done.

http://www.short-wave.info/

Hope it will be usefull for you. :!:
Last edited by Quimquim on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason