RSP2 with hardware frequency tuning wheel

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
hb3ydh

Workspaces and Updating to Ver. 1.22

Post by hb3ydh » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:39 pm

Thank you for your latest help.

As I did not find any explanation in the forum how to update my Ver. 1.13 to Ver. 1.22, I just installed Ver. 1.22 without deinstalling Ver. 1.13, a funny way for me to do an update. Ver.1.22 just killed the workspaces I had installed in Ver. 1.13.

Ver.1.22 works now but I am unable to change i.e. <Workspace 1> into another name. After right click on the name I can type the name I would like in the field but saving it with CTRL+W just bells once in the speaker and shows the workspace list. When leaving the appearing list it shows that "the actual Workspace has been saved", but the new given name is not saved as it still shows the name <Workspace 1> the next time i want to choose it.

Also changing settings in Rx-Control under any Workspace does not work. I can call any Workspace 1 to 9, even Default Workspace, it show every same settings as the last ones when I left the program.

I write this before I get rid of RSP2, not advancing in its settings

Jean-Claude, HB3YDH
Last edited by hb3ydh on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

pgoelz

Re: Workspaces and Updating to Ver. 1.22

Post by pgoelz » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:18 am

hb3ydh wrote:Ver.1.22 works now but I am unable to change i.e. <Workspace 1> into another name. After right click on the name I can type the name I would like in the field but saving it with CTRL+W just bells once in the speaker and shows the workspace list. When leaving the appearing list it shows that "the actual Workspace has been saved", but the new given name is not saved as it still shows the name <Workspace 1> the next time i want to choose it.
I believe you misunderstand how to save a workspace and change its name. They are separate functions.

To save a workspace, press CTRL-W then click the workspace you want to replace with the current workspace. At that point, the current worspace is saved with its current name.

You can change the name after you save it, by right clicking the currently active workspace name (do not press CTRL-W), editing the name and pressing enter.
Also changing settings in Rx-Control under any Workspace does not work. I can call any Workspace 1 to 9, even Default Workspace, it show every same settings as the last ones when I left the program.
The settings in the various windows (including the RX control panel) are not saved with the workspace. They are global and apply to all workspaces. Saving a workspace saves only the active windows and their size and location.

Paul

hb3ydh

Re: Workspace and RSP2 on a PC with 1.6GHz CPU

Post by hb3ydh » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Helo Paul

Thank you a lot for your pregnant answers. You have cured my curiosity + nervosity to play further with the rig.

Meanwhile I have been playing with "eibispace" and some own Databases, very convenient and the csv-files are so easy to modify outside SDRplay. Eventually the fact that it displays whether dot nor commata makes frequency reading somehow "heavy habit in need"!

By the way I have a few SDRs like RadioJet 102S and RadioJet 1305P. The former can be installed on a PC with 1.6GHz, for the latter the CPU must have at least 2.4GHz. Today I was curious if RSP2 would install itself on an older Shuttle with 1.6GHz CPU. It has been no problem. Congratulation, I will probably install another RSP2 in the station.

With RSP2 it reminded me again how good English receivers and rigs were in the older times. RSP2 seems volunteer to follow the tradition.

Jean-Claude, HB3YDH