Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
CaptainNemo

RSP1A and SDR#

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 am

I'm sorry to mention sdr# here... :oops:
Anyway...
I got a SDRplay RSP1 (blue and gray plastic box) in 2014
and I'm currently running it with srd# 1361 using ExtIo3.8.3
Q1. Will RSP1A perform decently with this configuration?
Q2. Will I get enhancements over RSP1?

By the way... each SDRuno release I download it, give it a try
and each time I find it ... cumbersome... and then I let it alone...
of course this is a matter of opinion, is not my intention to dispraize the big work of sdrplay team...

bye
gio

Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: RSP1A and SDR#

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 am

Hello Gio,
If you use the latest ExtIO plugin (released 15th Nov 2017) then you should be able to use the RSP1A with SDR# release 1361 or earlier.
Regarding performance enhancements, we recommend you read some of the reviews that are now starting to be published

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Very kind of you -- as it always has been...

By the way, in your answer there is a nice "gift":
before your answers it was not clear to me that extio 1.1 is newer than 3.8.3 ...
(my fault: I did'nt pay enough attention...)
I will try it with my old and loved rsp1.
bye
gio

DaveB

Post by DaveB » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:33 pm

CaptainNemo wrote:I'm sorry to mention sdr# here... :oops:
Anyway...
I got a SDRplay RSP1 (blue and gray plastic box) in 2014
and I'm currently running it with srd# 1361 using ExtIo3.8.3
Don't apologise! I have the same set up and was about to post the same question. I must have bought my RSP1 in January 2015 - and fortunately when updating SDR# I always installed a new version rather than overwriting it - so when they stopped supporting SDRPlay/ExtIO I kept build 1361.

Up until now it is the only software that meets my requirements which are basically to log FM-DX RDS data to an external log-file. Not to go in-depth but I use FMSuite to scan, RDSSpy to capture the RDS data and I marry up the csv files generated in an Excel/OpenOffice spreadsheet in order to time-stamp the RDS log.

Until the SDRPlay team introduce a logging facility to the built in RDS decoder (or Simon Brown does so in SDR Console v3) I have to stay with SDR# build 1361 for the SDRPlay. Besides which RDSSpy program has the most sensitive RDS detection.

I should also mention I record loads of large files of SpE openings on the FM Band - 7 GB = 4 mins for 8MHz bandwidth - playing them back has produced some spectacular DX on FM eg Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Iraq - in 2016. Israel, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria in 2017

David

someYguy

Post by someYguy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:37 am

I too continue to use SDR# because it is currently the ONLY SDR software which offers accurate features and display similar to those of a true spectrum analyzer with very good resolution down to less than 2khz.....Now if only it had markers and a delta function *sigh*.