Windows 7 driver issues - help

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
HNRAO

Windows 7 driver issues - help

Post by HNRAO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 am

I've installed RSP1s and RSP2s on several computers so installing the software isn't new to me. I had it running on this computer until 2 days ago. The computer (then) had Windows 10 installed. 2 days ago Windows did some sort of update and totally messed up my monitor settings. Nothing I could do would get the resolution from 800x600 and back to normal. I tried unsuccessfully to solve that problem for several hours. So, I did a restore to factory defaults and now it has Win7 on it. I absolutely can NOT get any of the SDR software to work. It will not install the drivers. I deleted everything and went back to the beginning and installed SDRUno 1.13 with my RSP1. It took about 10 minutes, but it finally DID install the drivers and it worked. Having succeeded there, I updated SDRUno to 1.2. It wouldn't work at that point. I've tried everything I can think of. I've uninstalled programs and drivers. Made sure I was installing As Administrator. I have no clue what's going on. I do NOT want to have to put Win10 back on this machine. I've removed all traces (I think) of any SDR application (in the Programs and Features). I tried installing just the API by itself. I'm just going no where. I've been at this over 2 hours tonight alone. Help.
Last edited by HNRAO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

HNRAO

Re: Windows 7 driver issues - help

Post by HNRAO » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:29 pm

Ok, I tried one more time and I have SDRuno 1.13 installed and running on my RSP1. It probably took 15 minutes for it to install the drivers after "searching windows update" for something. I'm afraid to try to upgrade to the current version because I have an RSP2 I'd like to be using on this computer. Any words of advice at this point?
Last edited by HNRAO on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Boswell

Post by Boswell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

I am having similar problems, since upgrading to SDRUno 1.2, it fails to install the drivers in windows 7 on my RSP2.

In device manager for the RSP2 is displays the below.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)
Last edited by Boswell on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm

Hello Boswell,
The problem you are seeing is as a result of a recent change by Microsoft which means that Windows update no longer contains the patch above that supports SHA2 driver signing - which is required for Windows 7, 8 and 10.

Please apply the following security patch provided by Microsoft via the links below.

Windows 7 32 bit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=46078
Windows 7 64 bit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=46148

If after trying this, you are still having problems please open a support ticket at:

www.sdrplay.com/support/

and we will try to help you.

Best regards

SDRplay Tech_Support

Boswell

Post by Boswell » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Many thanks

Applying the MS patch fixed it, although installing the driver seemed to take ages, but it now works again.

Any chance you could reply to my other post please?
https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... f=7&t=2564
Last edited by Boswell on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.