WARNING - SDR# WILL NOW NOT WORK WITH SDRPLAY

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
DaveB

WARNING - SDR# WILL NOW NOT WORK WITH SDRPLAY

Post by DaveB » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:11 am

Just to make it big and bold - if you have a build of SDR# that works with SDRPlay - DO NOT UPDATE IT.

If you haven't upgraded to Windows 10 - DON'T !!!! as you will lose SDRPlay functionality - and to be fair SDR# with it's plug-ins has (had) the greatest functionality. HDSDR hasn't been updated since Nov 2013 - it works perfectly well but lacks some features although it will interface with RDSSpy. SDR-Console lacks the necessary IQ imbalance correction to get the best out of SDR Play - but is still being developed - and I would hope the SDR Play team are still working with Simon Brown. [probably working frantically with him.

David
Last edited by DaveB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

CaptainNemo

Re: WARNING - SDR# WILL NOW NOT WORK WITH SDRPLAY

Post by CaptainNemo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:17 pm

SDR# is not working with anything!!!
I was a fan of this software.
Therefore, in this week end, knowing I had to wait some time to have it working with sdrplay,
i tried to update other installation (I have an r820t and a funcube pro+). It was a mess.
The FCPP bw of 192k (not big but good for hf swl) is now (=build 1410) down to 38khz !!!
Not to speak about plugin: I tried to install renowned "Vasili" plugins -- just to mention -- , but there is still a lot of issues.
I got plugins for b1400 and in the meantime b1408 was released, so i got plugins for 1409 and in the meantime 1410 was released.
I think we entered a "black hole" and now I'm spinning faster and faster... without reach my target! (=listen to radio)
It is enough waste time for today.

I'm afraid I have to wait/search for an other "horse".
Last edited by CaptainNemo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

no9e

Re: WARNING - SDR# WILL NOW NOT WORK WITH SDRPLAY

Post by no9e » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:25 pm

I upgraded to Windows 10 and downloaded newest SDR#. It did not see SDR play. Then I copied an earlier installation of SDR#h from perhaps half a year ago and it worked well.
Ignacy, NO9E
Last edited by no9e on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.