How many simultaneous frequencies RSP2 Pro ?

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
AB2E-

How many simultaneous frequencies RSP2 Pro ?

Post by AB2E- » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:09 am

Hello all,
I'm new to the board, and am considering purchase of the RSP2 Pro.

This would be my setup:
Running RSP2 Pro to set up a CW Skimmer for my Icom IC7800.
I know one expensive SDR can monitor 6 or more ham bands simultaneously (ideal for Skimmer in a contest, can monitor 160m, 80, 40m, 20m, 15m, 10m).
How many can you set up to monitor with the RSP2 Pro? I see it handles 3 antennas, so a tribander with 3 low band antennas might be possible?

Any help appreciated.

73 Darrell AB2E
Monroeville NJ
Last edited by AB2E- on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: How many simultaneous frequencies RSP2 Pro ?

Post by Roger » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:12 pm

With a RSP1A or a RSP2pro you can have an IF bandwidth up to 10 MHz. if your PC has enough processing capability. However to get the full A/D range you need to use a sample rate of 8 MHz. or lower. That means you can receive on 40M, 30M and 20M at the same time. You can have multiple receivers open all processing the same IF signal stream as long as your PC has enough power. Each receiver (VRX0, VRX1 VRX2 .. VRXn) can be tuned to a desired frequency and mode (USB, LSB AM). The audio output of each receiver can be sent to a virtual audio cable (VAC) for subsequent processing by programs like CW Skimmer, WSJT-X and fldigi.

So you could have CW skimmer decoding signals on 40M, 30M and 20M. However skimmer limits audio decoding to 3 KHz. channels. If you want wider bandwidth in CW Skimmer you need to have IQ inputs. Streaming IQ output is not available from the SDRplay software SDRuno (planned for future release) but HDSDR and SDR-Console can accommodate CW Skimmer requirements and work very well with the RSP. HDSDR however is a not a multichannel receiver so you would be restricted to one band. I am not sure if SDR-Console supports more than one CW Skimmer connection.

McTernan

Re: How many simultaneous frequencies RSP2 Pro ?

Post by McTernan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:50 pm

I am interested in connecting an SDRplay to CW Skimmer too. Please post any solutions you guys find...

Can you use the high-bandwidth output if you use a virtual audio cable instead of using the physical sound card? (or is the bandwidth of the sound card somehow wrapped up in the virtual audio cables? What is the effective bandwidth of a virtual audio cable?

KN4EZR
Huntsville, AL
Last edited by McTernan on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.