Access to raw data of RSP1

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
kykas

Access to raw data of RSP1

Post by kykas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:06 am

Hello everybody!

I'm a proud owner of an RSP1 and I have two questions that I've been searching for an answer for sometime now.

1) How do I access the raw data (the actual 1s and 0s) that the sdrplay samples? I want to be able to save that data in order to process it later with an other program (let's say MATLAB) in order to experiment for it. For example, I want to be able to record the bytes sampled when listening to an FM station so I can then demodulate it myself using my own algorithm in MATLAB.

2) If I can indeed access the sampling data of the sdrplay, where does the sampling take place? In other words, does the sdrplay sample the signal directly or does it bring it down to an other frequency with a mixer and then it starts the sampling?

Thank you in advance!
Last edited by kykas on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: Access to raw data of RSP1

Post by g1hbe » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:53 pm

I can't answer most of your questions but I do know that the RSP's are tuner-based hybrids. That is they use superhet-type techniques to produce a low IF (or zero IF) signal which is then sampled. Link to schematic: http://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_RSP ... s_r2p3.pdf

The MSI1001 is a tuner chip which includes the local oscillator etc. The MSI2500 contains the ADC, DSP and USB stuff. That's all I know! I don't know if the raw 0's and 1's are available.

Andy

Tech_Support

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

I/Q data can be saved into a .WAV file format using SDRuno. This has been processed by the API, but it is possible to use SDRuno to turn off features such as DC offset compensation and I/Q correction that are implemented within the API.

Sincerely

SDRplay_Tech_Support

kykas

Post by kykas » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 am

First of all, thank you for your answers.

Now, I own a MacBook, so I use cubicSDR. Is there a similar feature for it or is this only for SDRuno?
Last edited by kykas on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.