SDRplay Win10 cannot load driver

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
GrumpySherpa

SDRplay Win10 cannot load driver

Post by GrumpySherpa » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I am trying to install an RSP2 on a dell laptop running the newest build of win10-64.

I have two RSP2s... neither work. Both work fine on another laptop

Windows device manager says:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this device. The driver may be corrupt or missing (code 39)
{Bad Image}
%hs is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error...

I have uninstalled the MSI2500 driver, uninstalled SDRuno and reinstalled.

no joy

Any suggestions?
Last edited by GrumpySherpa on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Paul

Re: SDRplay Win10 cannot load driver

Post by Paul » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:01 am

Hi
I don't know whether this may help or not...
I have two Dell Laptops, both running windows 10.
No trouble whatsoever running from the word go with one machine - 4Mhz of ram - a bit slow on performance.
The second machine - 8 Mhz ram and SDD (it's pretty quick) was really difficult to get the RSP and uno to run on.
I eventually found that one of the usb ports was not delivering the goods and simply changing ports solved my (similar) problem.
Best of luck.

GrumpySherpa

Post by GrumpySherpa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:11 pm

Paul

Thanks for the reply. Both laptops have 8 gb of ram and SSDs. I have tried multiple USB ports as well as a powered hub. None of which helped.

rob
Last edited by GrumpySherpa on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Mike2459

Post by Mike2459 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am

Grumpy Sherpa:

This is a longshot. On 2/13/18 there was a windows 10 security update that affected some Windows 10, OS Version 1709 machines.
Here is an link to the Microsoft Support site where the update is outlined. Scroll down the page to the section Known issues in this update
A new patch was released that should have repaired this issue, it's possible that your machine was not updated.
If your not running version 1709 then this does not apply.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -kb4074588

GrumpySherpa

Post by GrumpySherpa » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am

Paul

Thanks. I'll check it tonight but it's a very long shot. My machine is completely up to date. I am running the latest slow ring update. Blv it is more than 1709. In fact. it's the same version that I am running on the other laptop which is working just fine.

cheers
rob

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Hi Rob
A bit "off-the wall," but in addition to my treasured RSP2. I also operate a reasonably good-quality (honest) RTL receiver to provide me with a v/uhf scanning facility and I have loaded the zadig driver to run the SDR# (and frequency manager/scanner) programmes.
This will have to serve until the future planned scanning option for uno is rolled out, when a further RSP will obviously become a more attractive option.
Both this and SDRuno load and run perfectly using this driver.
Note: After the most recent windows updates, I had to reload the zadig driver.
I'm only offering this info in case it may be of use as it works for me on the previously troublesome machine.
Absolutely lastly - It is assumed that you have followed the setting up instructions scrupulously...