New to this and my RSP2 keeps switching antenna inputs

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Kennynva

New to this and my RSP2 keeps switching antenna inputs

Post by Kennynva » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:14 am

Hello to all...I have had this radio for 2 days now...and I tried to use the HI-Z input, and sometimes it will work and other times it wont

I can use antenna A with no problem, but when I switch to antenna HI-Z it goes back to antenna A...I can reload the software, or unplug the radio, and it will stay in the HI-Z position...any ideas..

I have already tonight submitted a support ticked.

Kenny
Last edited by Kennynva on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: New to this and my RSP2 keeps switching antenna inputs

Post by sdrplay » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:06 am

It should only do that if you are on a frequency > 30 MHz - the HiZ port only goes up that far.

Is that what you're seeing?

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

Kennynva

Post by Kennynva » Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:22 am

You are, were exactly right...and saved my life...I am new..and this is the first SDR radio I have bought...and after 4 days...I have to say I am not impressed..Maybe its because I dont have the right antenna or Im not setting things right in the software..I am more old school...and repair tube and transistor radios and wanted something different, and something I CANT adjust and mess up..Im sure you know what I mean..

I want to give it more time and see if trying different things...Im on the facebook site and joined the forum..

Again THANKS

Kenny KE4HVE.
Last edited by Kennynva on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

g1hbe

Post by g1hbe » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 am

Kenny - be prepared to spend some time getting used to it. The RSP's are all fine receivers which will receive just as much as your analogue radios. In many ways they are better, as you can set filter widths and gain levels to suit your tastes with far more flexibility. I was just like you - old-school analogue, knob-tuned and I couldn't see what the attraction of SDR was. But after a few weeks with my first SDR (a Funcube Pro Plus) I was hooked. The ability to 'see' what is going on up & down the band is like being let loose in the country after being locked in a cupboard.

Andy