RTL-SDR & RSP1A conflict??

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Wizard6733

RTL-SDR & RSP1A conflict??

Post by Wizard6733 » Tue May 01, 2018 1:35 pm

I have 2 HDSDR setups on 1 laptop in 2 different folders...i have one shortcut set as HDSDR and RTL_SDR which leads to a folder that has the driver for rtl and has the hdsdr files in it. In another folder in a different location i have HDSDRPlay that has the rsp1 & 1A drivers in it and the desktop shortcuts are labeled HDSDR-RSP1, HDSDR-RSP1A. Yesterday i unplugged my 1A and was showing a friend what the RTL can do so i plugged the dongle into the port i just unplugged the 1A from, hit the HDSDR-RTL-SDR and it came up fine. After unplugging the rtl and putting the 1A back in and launching the hdsdr-rsp1a it came up with an dll error saying the driver was out of date or the wrong driver. I checked the properties of the shortcut and it was going to the right driver in the hdsdrplay folder and it kept not loading. So i deleted the shortcut and made a new one leading to the correct driver and it still didnt work. I ended up having to reinstall EXTIO V1.1 and i got everything back finally. The laptop is a newer HP with win 10 and ive not had any problems with it and it has 3 usb ports so are these rsps port specific?? Ive have used my rsp1 and 1a in different ports before but i dont know if the rtl gets locked onto one port and wouldnt let it go or what. Any ideas on what happened or has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks
Joe

Reason: No reason

Mike2459

Re: RTL-SDR & RSP1A conflict??

Post by Mike2459 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:36 pm

I didn't try to reproduce this issue, however I noticed that the RTL-SDR dongle is treated by Win10 in the same way as a thumbdrive or portable disk drive. It should be ejected by the user before removal. Perhaps this is the problem.

Wizard6733

Re: RTL-SDR & RSP1A conflict??

Post by Wizard6733 » Tue May 01, 2018 3:23 pm

I thought of that right when i started having a problem with the 1A not working...you very well could be right but im not going to try it again...lol It was odd like the port didnt want to let go of the ext10 driver for the rtl. Who knows.. I also use a old tower with win xp sp3 on it and it has 4 usb ports in the back and if i unplug my rsp1a and move it to a different port in the back, it sees it as new and i have to install drivers again but if i put it back in the same one it fires right up.