CubicSDR Rasberry PI3

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
daniel.aronovitch

CubicSDR Rasberry PI3

Post by daniel.aronovitch » Wed May 09, 2018 1:29 pm

I don' know if this is the right place for my question, if it is not, I apologize.
So, I use CubicSDR on my Linux for a while, without problem. I tried to install it on a Rasberry PI3, thinking it is the most powerful of the range.
I installed without problem the provided image and it runs. That is, it doesn't crash. The problem is that when I tune in any mode, the reception, or at least the sound, is not continuous. The charge of the CPU is high, around 90%. As such, it is not possible to enjoy the listening, even if a collapse the window to minimize the CPU charge.
As I guess that the developer of the Rasberry port didn't made it just for fun and because that's the firs time that I approach the Rasberry, I think I miss a config of it. So, could anyone help me in that matter. I precise that I have not a ventilator but heath dissipater on the Rasberry chips. could it be that the chips become too warm ? My reason to wish to use a Rasberry is that I find a bit stupid to let my computer run only to listen to the radio.
Thanks,
DA
Last edited by daniel.aronovitch on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: CubicSDR Rasberry PI3

Post by sdrplay » Wed May 09, 2018 3:31 pm

It will depend on what sample rate you use. I take a Raspberry Pi 3 demo with me to shows and it runs fine up to 2 MHz sample rate.

The RPi3B+ is the most powerful RPi but it's not the most powerful of the SBC (small board computer) range - I'm also using an Odroid-C2 and that out performs the RPi3B+ by some way. I can remotely stream 10 MHz sample rate to a CubicSDR client on a Gigabit ethernet network and with < 20 % CPU load.

Are you using the image for the RPi3 that we provide? Information on it can be found here: https://www.sdrplay.com/community/viewt ... f=6&t=3134

Hope that helps,

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

daniel.aronovitch

Re: CubicSDR Rasberry PI3

Post by daniel.aronovitch » Wed May 09, 2018 6:30 pm

Thank you much, it runs smoothly now. I feel a bit shameful not to have thought of this setting myself, but anyway I can now switch my PC off and still be able to listen to the radio.
DA
Last edited by daniel.aronovitch on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.