SDR Play crashes often

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
Madbison

SDR Play crashes often

Post by Madbison » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:55 pm

Hello

I am running SDRPlay on a Surface Book, latest Windows 10, 16GB ram, but am getting regular crashes. The software just hangs. When I try to start it again, it reports:

"Error: No available RSPs found. Please check USB cables, device drivers, or if the RSP is in use in another application. This SDRUni instance will now exit."

I usually have to un plug, restart the SDR Play service, and plug in. Then it only lasts minutes.

Any thoughts on what I should do? I do not know if SDRUno shows the version number anywhere, so not sure on the version. The exe version is 1.22.0.0.

Thanks
David
Last edited by Madbison on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: SDR Play crashes often

Post by Tech_Support » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:03 pm

Hello David,
This sounds like you have a bad USB cable or USB socket connection. What you describe occurs when the USB stream is interrupted by a momentary disconnection. Does the spectrum display freeze and the waterfall display become a series of vertical lines that never move in the x direction? If this is the case, I suggest that you try another USB cable and/or another USB socket.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

Madbison

Re: SDR Play crashes often

Post by Madbison » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:45 am

Ok, thanks, I will try that and report back. The port is fine in so far as I use that port to back up to a very fast SSD regularly without issue. I have two ports on the laptop and both result in the sdrplay freeze.

I have some usp ports on the docking station so will try them with a couple of other USB cables.

Thinking about it, I have a possible scenario. I have an old wireless mouse dongle (logiteck non-bluetooth) just mm from the rspduo USB cable. Maybe intereferance that SDR cannot handle?

Thanks
David
Last edited by Madbison on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.