RSPDUO and Virtual Radar

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
gerrysom

RSPDUO and Virtual Radar

Post by gerrysom » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi Everyone,
I have looked in all the nooks and crannies for info but I am stumped as to why I can not seem to get my RSPDUO to work with Virtual Radar. I saw it working beautifully on the SDRplay stand at the recent Hamfest in Nottingham and thought that is just one extra interesting function I would like to explore. I was buying one anyway as I had a Flexradio for a while and liked the tuner on it. Unfortunately I have hit a wall. The box is doing all it should and working perfectly. Yes I can see data when I use the Dump1090 program but just can't seem to figure out why I can't get the two programs to chat to each other. I am just awaiting a cable to add the SDRplay to the Yaesu FT3000 as a larger panadapter. Computers and me seem to have a misunderstanding about how things should work. :roll:
Any pointers or help would be great.
Gerry.
Last edited by gerrysom on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: RSPDUO and Virtual Radar

Post by sdrplay » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:45 am

The data appears on port 30005 (beast mode) so in Virtual Radar Server, set the receiver to beast mode and make sure the port is 30005 and you should see data coming through.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support

gerrysom

Re: RSPDUO and Virtual Radar

Post by gerrysom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:19 am

Thank you for that info.
It helped to get there although I had to fiddle with the settings for it to work.
For anyone else having trouble I used the following.
ENABLED TICKED
NAME WHATEVER YOU WANT
FORMAT BEAST RAW FEED IS SATCOM ACARS UNTICKED FOR NOW (FOR FUTURE INVESTAGATION)
LOCATION YOUR LOC OR SOMEWHERE NEAR
CONNECTION NETWORK
NORMAL TICK
PUSH RECEIVER UNTICKED
ADDRESS IS AUTOMATIC
PORT 30005 ( WHERE I CAME UNSTUCK)
SEND KEEP ALIVE PACKETS TICKED
Then just test your connection. I didn't have the info above or I just missed it out somehow but this part of my SDRplay is now working fine.
Gerry G7VFV
Last edited by gerrysom on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.