SDRPlay RSP1 software with WDSP support

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
padiyaki

SDRPlay RSP1 software with WDSP support

Post by padiyaki » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:14 am

Hi,
I use SDRplay as second receiver along with my TS590 transceiver. I normally use HDSDR as software for SDR. I recently came across openHPSDR advanced features on WDSP such as spectral noise reduction, blanker etc. These are available in PowerSDR and i saw some partial implementation in SDR console.
Can anyone let me know if i can(and how to) use PowerSDR with RSP1 to directly utilize those noise reduction features? (referring to videos at https://openhpsdr.org/videos/Friedrichs ... 6/NR0V.mp4)

Thank you
VU2XE Kiran
Last edited by padiyaki on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Roger

Re: SDRPlay RSP1 software with WDSP support

Post by Roger » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 pm

PowerSDR was developed by Flex for their radios and is no longer supported. Source code is available and several people have forked the code to make it run with other SDR devices. Unfortunately it has not been modified to run with SDRplay products.

If you want to use this software for its noise reduction and beamforming capability one option is to purchase an Afedri dual receiver SDR which is around $400 US. A modified version of PowerSDR is available for this product.

padiyaki

Re: SDRPlay RSP1 software with WDSP support

Post by padiyaki » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:51 am

Thank you Roger for suggestion. I will wait for general implementation of those advanced algorithms in SDRUNO or HDSDR

best regards
Kiran
Last edited by padiyaki on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.