Problem running SDRuno in win10 as Administrator

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
D.C. Alden

Problem running SDRuno in win10 as Administrator

Post by D.C. Alden » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:36 am

I recently changed from win 7 to win 10 and am running SDRuno 1.31. I seem to always have to right click on the SDRuno shortcut and select "run as administrator or I can't save memory banks. I get an error Saying it can't write to the memory bank .slb file and the program exits. Also, I am always required to "Allow this program to make changes" every time I start the program. Is this normal on win 10? I never had these problems with win 7. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by D.C. Alden on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: Problem running SDRuno in win10 as Administrator

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello D.C. Alden,
What you are seeing is a permissions issue in Windows 10 where Windows is making your Documents a controlled folder as protection against ransomware.

To allow desktop software through Controlled Folder Access, do the following:

Open Windows Security and switch to Virus and threat protection.
Scroll down till you find Ransomware Protection. Click on Manage ransomware protection.
Turn on this feature if it’s turned off.
Then click on Allow apps through Controlled folder access.
Here you can choose apps where were previously blocked or you can add new ones using the menu.
This will open a file picker window, and you will have to browse through Program files to find the exe of the program, and then select it.

Sincerely

Tech_Support

D.C. Alden

Re: Problem running SDRuno in win10 as Administrator

Post by D.C. Alden » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:55 pm

Thank you for your quick answer! I did what you said and all seems well! What wonderful tech-support! That’s why I tell anyone I know who wants to upgrade from their SDR dongle to definitely go with an RSP2a from SDRplay! I love mine!
Last edited by D.C. Alden on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.