RSP1A 2.0 Hub

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
JayKay

RSP1A 2.0 Hub

Post by JayKay » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:34 am

RSP1A was not being found every time on a 2.0 hub.... about once a week.

I think i have solved it as it hasn't happened in weeks. I moved my backup drive to the 2.0 hub and it seems the drive, on the hub, always seems to get the hub recognized on boot up...and along with that, RSP1A always is found now..go figure

Jay
W2IJ
Last edited by JayKay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

JimPa

Re: RSP1A 2.0 Hub

Post by JimPa » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:08 pm

I can't run my RSP1 with a hub plugged into any usb socket on my Acer ASpire E1-571 running Windows 10

RSP1 runs with SDRuno ok with a RTL dongle running with SDR Console 3, but not with a Yaesu SCU-17 USB CAT adapter plugged in

I believe it's down to the API driver
Last edited by JimPa on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Tech_Support

Re: RSP1A 2.0 Hub

Post by Tech_Support » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:22 pm

This is not an API issue. Why would you think it is? When using your USB hub, does your RSP1 show up in the device manager list? That's all you need to check. If not, then the problem is that the driver is not loading and that has nothing whatsoever to do with the API. All RSPs use a isochronous mode hardware driver to ensure that sufficient USB bandwidth is available. If you have other devices plugged into your hub which take up some of the available bandwidth on the single USB end-point in use, it can cause the RSP to fail to enumerate because the driver determines that insufficient USB bandwidth is available.

Sincerely

Tech_Support