SDR# and RSP2

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
D.C. Alden

SDR# and RSP2

Post by D.C. Alden » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm

I understand that the current version of SDR# does not support the RSP receivers. I wonder why they did this as it seems to limit the audience for SDR#. Although I prefer Sdruno I would like to be able to use SDR# primarily to take advantage of the nice plug-ins that are available. Do you think they will reinstate support for the RSP’s in the future? Alternatively, when is plug-in support for Sdrplay expected to be released? Will Sdrplay be able to use SDR# plug-ins or will new ones have to be written? Will plugins be provided by the Sdrplay developers or will we have to wait until they are written by 3rd parties?

I know that the developers are constantly working to improve Sdrplay but updates seem kind of slow in coming. I also appreciate that they want their releases to be as stable as possible but perhaps an occasional beta release for users to test could be helpful. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Sdruno along with the RSP’s is to me by far the best out there.

I know this is a bunch of questions! I own an SDR2 and along with Sdruno it is onw of the best radio purchases I’ve ever made. Having great fun with it
Last edited by D.C. Alden on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

g1hbe

Re: SDR# and RSP2

Post by g1hbe » Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:25 pm

The reason for SDR# no longer supporting the RSP's is that the writers of the SDR# code make their own SDR receiver (the Airspy) and they didn't want a competitor's receiver to use their software.
Last edited by g1hbe on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Andy

mbott

Post by mbott » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:02 am

D.C. Alden wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:09 pm
I understand that the current version of SDR# does not support the RSP receivers. I wonder why they did this as it seems to limit the audience for SDR#. Although I prefer Sdruno I would like to be able to use SDR# primarily to take advantage of the nice plug-ins that are available. Do you think they will reinstate support for the RSP’s in the future? Alternatively, when is plug-in support for Sdrplay expected to be released? Will Sdrplay be able to use SDR# plug-ins or will new ones have to be written? Will plugins be provided by the Sdrplay developers or will we have to wait until they are written by 3rd parties?

I know that the developers are constantly working to improve Sdrplay but updates seem kind of slow in coming. I also appreciate that they want their releases to be as stable as possible but perhaps an occasional beta release for users to test could be helpful. This is not a complaint, just an observation. Sdruno along with the RSP’s is to me by far the best out there.

I know this is a bunch of questions! I own an SDR2 and along with Sdruno it is onw of the best radio purchases I’ve ever made. Having great fun with it
Just for grins, have you tried Simon Brown's SDR-Console? Excellent support for the SDRplays and the Airspy HF+ & Discovery. I do use SDR# at times, but SDRuno and SDR-Console garner about 85% of my use.

--
Mike
Last edited by mbott on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Sony ICF-2010 Sangean ATS-909X Icom IC-R71A & IC-7300 Tecsun PL-660 Kenwood R-1000 & R-5000 Yeasu FRG-7 SDRplay RSP2 & RSPduo Airspy HF+ & Discovery JRC NRD-535D CountyComm GP-5/SSB Pixel RF Pro-1B Wellbrook ALA1530LNP

D.C. Alden

Post by D.C. Alden » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:17 pm

I will try SDR-Console. If it’s anywhere near as good as Simon Browns Ham Radio Deluxe (I still only use the last shareware version), then it’s probably great!
Last edited by D.C. Alden on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.