images & co

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
CaptainNemo

images & co

Post by CaptainNemo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:49 am

Just received my new M4070 Autoranging LCR Meter from China. This year I'll be busy winding filters for my sdrplay...

Unfortunately my joy was partially damped... reading this useful forum I come to know that my/our "images problems"
not only is due to poor rejection of adiacent strong signal
but also to "intrinsic" IQ imbalance (see e.g. Dave B posts here and there on the forum)
With API 1.8.1 sdrplay team started a path that -- over time -- will lead to the mitigation of this problem
(I suppose they will need time and releases to reach optimal results...)

By the way I'm wondering if -- for usage that do not require the full huge bw available in sdrplay (I'm mainly interested in SW) --
sdrplay-tech-team can think of a "non-quadrature" demod configuration...
for example in the rtl-sdr plugin you have a choice for "quadrature" or "only I/only Q" (I never explored this possibility)
Could it be an idea?

Anyway, I think sdrplay is very valuable for the price and the support is very effective (both for issues and enhancements)

gio
Last edited by CaptainNemo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: images & co

Post by Tech_Support » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:55 pm

Dear Captain Nemo,
Can you let support (support@sdrplay.com) know what you primarily use the RSP for ((Bands of operation, signal types etc) and what application software you use (HDSDR etc) and we can look to see if there is a particular configuration for the RSP that will minimise image problems. Images can come from a range of different sources and these vary from band to band as does the best way to mitigate them.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

GWS

Post by GWS » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:27 am

Hi,

For myself, I shall be mainly using the 0 - 30 MHz bands, all modes, with HDSDR. :D

80 - 110 MHz I have covered with my Hi-Fi FM receiver.

Anything higher in frequency is pretty well line of sight, directional, and requires high gain aerials. So there's not much of use to me at the higher frequencies.

Best wishes, :)

Graham G4EVW
Last edited by GWS on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:58 pm

Tech_Support wrote: Can you let support (support@sdrplay.com) know what you primarily use the RSP for ((Bands of operation, signal types etc)...
Hi, Tech_Support, I wrote to the mentioned e-mail address.
Bye
Last edited by CaptainNemo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.