SDRPlay CAT interface

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
GrahamC

SDRPlay CAT interface

Post by GrahamC » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:50 pm

Good day all,

Is there or is there any plan to provide a CAT like interface for SDRPlay?

What would be the best way to provide such an interface, through EXTIO_SDRPlay.dll or through the API? Details?

I have been poking around at finding some information on EXTIO_x.DLL programming with the hope of better understanding this interface with an eye to possibly creating my own CAT like interface for SDRPlay.

One such application is doppler tracking for satellites. Orbitron (satellite tracker software) currently has a plugin (I think it's DDE related) for SDRSharp (at least the older versions) which provides doppler tracking Gpredict (my current favourite satellite tracking program) provides the capability to tune a radio through the CAT interface as does SATPC32 (another tracking program).

An interface like this opens up the possibility for this purpose as well as scanning or other external control.

Simon Brown's SDR Console already does a lot of this but it is still not my favourite. It is a very nice and well done piece of software but try as I might, I just cant' get it sorted out in a way that I find appealing and not so busy. My preference is for a simpler and less busy user interface. SDRSharp is pretty good in that respect. Unfortunately the still born fork of SDRSharp called SDRSharper was heading in a good direction but now seems to be dead in the water.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc
Last edited by GrahamC on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

NN4F

Re: SDRPlay CAT interface

Post by NN4F » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Simons Console V3 is due soon, a preview will be launched March 25th, a much less compicated interface... And customization as to what you want to show...
v3grab.JPG
v3grab.JPG (193.2 KiB) Viewed 14865 times
Last edited by NN4F on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
--
Paul Jones - NN4F, Charleston SC
http://www.facebook.com/groups/SDRPlay

GrahamC

Post by GrahamC » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi Paul,

I have been seeing some of the bits of information on Simon's v3. I certainly does look more appealing.

It seems like the folks at SDRPlay are becoming more and more aligned with SDR Console which is a good thing. Perhaps v3 will be just what I am looking for.

I will be patiently waiting, or at least trying to be patient ;)

cheers, Graham ve3gtc
Last edited by GrahamC on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

DL2ZBK

Post by DL2ZBK » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey, V3 looks really nice. :)

I hope there will be a frequency-manager with frequency-groups and in-waterfall-display availabe. The frequency manager is the only feature that keeps me stuck to SDRsharp at the moment.

Joerg
Last edited by DL2ZBK on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.