SDRplay SDRSharp Plugin v2.0

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
g1hbe

Re: SDRplay SDRSharp Plugin v2.0

Post by g1hbe » Sat May 09, 2015 7:09 pm

It is a bit messy, but my main prob at the moment is that it loses the freq correction every time I shut it down. It's a pain in the backside to have to dial up -174 everytime I want to use it!
Last edited by g1hbe on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason
Andy

Sideteacher

Post by Sideteacher » Sun May 10, 2015 4:29 pm

The version 2.0 is indeed a port of the EXTIO. A couple of reasons for doing this,

--to allow it to work correctly with the IQ Correction in SDR#. This eliminates the images which was a real problem.
--reduces us to a single code base which makes support easier.

The other change in this version is the way in which the frequency updates are handled which should make it a little smoother

Planned changes which will follow;

Save and recall of settings.
Load defaults button
Gain text information for each stage
Scaling of the frequency display for the lower bandwidths
Some other stuff.....

Not sure I follow the grips about the look of the dialog box :( , it is basically the same as the previous version ??

Question - How smooth is the operation of the gain control slider?? smooth or jerky?

Thanks...
Last edited by Sideteacher on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

CaptainNemo

Post by CaptainNemo » Wed May 20, 2015 6:12 am

CaptainNemo wrote:...
B-- the annoying and frustrating "falling-from-the-hill" (the bandwith in non centered and re-centered around the tuning freq
so after some time, if you tune to higher frequency sooner or later you will find yourself going down the hill -- where the hill is the flat part
of bandwith, going down the hill means you go in a region were the filter is "filtering"... excuse my english...)
I found a way to avoid this problem.
1. install Frequency Enter plugin
2. in the sdr# config file set the "key" centerScrollLimit to 0
Now, if you change the freq using the "frequency dial" (top of sdr# screen) (and NOT by clicking here and there on the spectrum)
frequency will ever be in the center of the screen ---> the important thing is that frequency will ever be inside the bandwith.

So, point "B--", according to me is no more an issue for sdr#-sdrplay plugin.

bye
Last edited by CaptainNemo on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.