SDRPlay and Linux, MAC OS, and Windoze

Post information or questions regarding SDRplay products here
GrahamC

SDRPlay and Linux, MAC OS, and Windoze

Post by GrahamC » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:09 pm

Downloaded, installed, and spent some time playing with SDRuno last night.

First impressions are very good.

Although I used an older version of SDRSharp for some things, my fallback has generally been to HDSDR. SDR Console V2 is feature packed and worked quite well but don't much like the look and feel of the user interface and tend to fall back to HDSDR. SDR Console V3 is a step in the right direction but I have been having some issues with it as well; it is not yet even in beta release so there is much more to come of V3.

That all said, SDRuno seems to be just about right in all aspects, look, feel, function - all the best of SDRSharp, HDSDR, SDR Console (etc). Has a bit of steep learning curve to get everything on screen and saving "workspaces" but is generally not too bad.

I think SDRPlay has found a very good SDR Windoze app to bundle with their SDRPlay, well done.

However, I only use Windoze when I need to and unfortunately for use with some of the current offerings of SDR hardware, seems to be the only environment which has good, easy to install, feature rich applications.

What is missing now from the SDRPlay lineup is a good, easy to install (for casual users), and feature rich SDR application for Linux and Apple OS's. I have been struggling with GQRX (also very good app when I can get it to work properly) on Linux and have also managed to build and install Cubic SDR in Linux and it too has promise.

SDRuno for Linux? Maybe? Perhaps? Yes please and thank you.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc
Last edited by GrahamC on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

MiamiC70

Re: SDRPlay and Linux, MAC OS, and Windoze

Post by MiamiC70 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:26 am

+100 on the need for an OSX equivalent application
Last edited by MiamiC70 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason