I cant hear any station

Useful information regarding antennas for SDR products.
Sansfiliste

I cant hear any station

Post by Sansfiliste » Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:05 pm

hello!

I'm an old men but a new for SDR , I've bougth the SDRPlay RSp two day ago, I've installed all the needed SW following your suggestion. Now seem it all work and I've tried to hear some know FM station around 104 MHz I hear and see only noise , except if I switch from FM to AM and I hear something like music but cover with noise and much disturbed. I use a 70 cmm wire as antenna. No gnd connection.

Thank a lot for the help,

Sansfiliste
Last edited by Sansfiliste on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

Tech_Support

Re: I cant hear any station

Post by Tech_Support » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:52 pm

Dear Sansfiliste,
You don't say which software you are using, and without know this and seeing your settings, it is hard to know what your issue may be. The most common cause of receptions problems is an incorrect gain setting. Usually, people set it too high and this causes overload problems with the receiver. I suggest you contact support by emailing support@sdrplay.com

You will need to provide your serial number (on a label on the underside of the RSP), the operating system you are using and what software you are using. IF at all possible please attach a 'screen grab' with your email showing your setting for the RSP.

Sincerely

SDRplay Tech_Support
Last edited by Tech_Support on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

Sansfiliste

Re: I cant hear any station

Post by Sansfiliste » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:49 am

Dear Sirsr thank You.

I use the HDSDR SW , my PC run with Windows Vista.

And I've followed the istruction of Mike Ladd.

I'll try to obtain a screen shoot and send it togheter with all information needed,

Thanks,

Sansfiliste
Last edited by Sansfiliste on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.