Linux

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
pa1ap

Re: Linux

Post by pa1ap » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Hi All,

Interesting and I will remove and recompile the packages again to see it does any receiving. Also looking into quisk which provides direct configuration settings... Maybe someone on the forum has used this before? What I need to figure out is the parameters needed for sdrplay to operate correctly. I guess reading through / debugging the api documentation?

Best regards, Onno de pa1ap
Last edited by pa1ap on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

IW2DHW

Post by IW2DHW » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Quisk is a good program and I have used it (and also using sometime) with my old H101 SDR.

For using it with SDRPlay we need an interface from SDRPlay API to Quisk or, better from SoapySDR to Quisk.

Regards

Franco Spinelli
IW2DHW
Last edited by IW2DHW on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

pa1ap

Post by pa1ap » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:05 pm

Finally succes with sdrplay... I have used all latest from github including Cubicsdr and now it starts working. I am very happy i got it to work now. Still getting used to the user interface of CubicSDR. I have versio v0.1.18-alpha running. It has all controls needed for short wave receiving. Also FM radio stations in stereo work really well. Good news :-)
Last edited by pa1ap on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

KK6JR

Post by KK6JR » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Hello all, I'm new here, KK6JR, QTHR, retired engineer/patent-agent, British, but wintering in Florida.

I got an sdrplay from HRO in yesterday's UPS dropoff.
I have it up and running on Linux Mint and GNUradio by installing the SDRPlay drivers at
http://sdrplay.com/linux.html
and then following the "Using the build-gnuradio script" as described at
https://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/g ... FromSource
modified by adding -DENABLE_NONFREE=true to the cmake for gr-osmosdr.

So it's running, but initial impression is that the performance is very poor. Worse in fact than my RTL-SDR stick used with GNUradio companion.

Obviously the product is supposed to be better than that and something is wrong. Hopefully(?) it is with my GNUradio setup. Not to mention I am using only a tiny antenna (borrowed from a Yaesu VX5R) for now until some more SMA connectors arrive in the mail. My ham stuff is almost entirely Type-N and BNC connectors.

More later, as and when progress is made.
Last edited by KK6JR on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

radioguy73

Post by radioguy73 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:34 pm

OK -- someone mentioned LNAT. So what DOES that stand for? ....