rtl-sdr gr-osmosdr

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
hackbox

rtl-sdr gr-osmosdr

Post by hackbox » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi fellows,

for a couple of months I am working on GSM and Tetra Decoding using the NOOELEC RTL2832U Dongle.

Wehen I try to cpmpile gr-osmosdr I got a known error that I cannot fix:

Code: Select all

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-osmosdr-0.0.2.so.0.0.0: undefined symbol: _Z21iqbalance_make_fix_ccff
I tried google and other search engines to find a solution without any success; maybee one of you has an Idea.

Further when I tried to rum cmake at sdrplay I got:

Code: Select all

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
MIR_LIBRARY
Where is this MIR_LIBRARY to find? I installed libmirisdr-dev and libmirisdr0.

Many thanks in advance,

hackbox
Last edited by hackbox on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

sdrplay

Re: rtl-sdr gr-osmosdr

Post by sdrplay » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:23 pm

libmirisdr is an unofficial library that neither us or Mirics support.

There is documentation on the www.sdrplay.com/api_drivers.html page to compile gr-osmosdr for the SDRplay RSP if that's what you want to do?

Please note that we are in the process of making changes to the RSP support within gr-osmosdr to address some issues that have been found with it.

Best regards,

SDRplay
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

AH6DL

Post by AH6DL » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:16 am

hackbox --

I've had similar frustrations with gr-osmosdr in the past. As you suspect, its not finding a support library it needs. Use the source from osmocom.org to make sure you have the latest pieces of gr-osmosdr. Second, make sure you have no left over installations of GNURADIO. Different packages may install in different places and when you try to compile the program may be finding an outdated or incomplete library.

A few years ago I had to clear all trace of GNURADIO and support libraries from my computer and reinstall everything. The code has not been changing as much recently, but it's worth a try if nothing else works. Gnuradio.org has tips on the correct order to install the pieces or use one of the available build scripts.

If you are trying to use gr-osmosdr with SDRplay, take the advice from sdrplay and follow the instructions they referred you to. I couldn't get it to work on Arch Linux but used an Ubuntu 15.04 virtual machine to compile the library and include file then copied it to my Arch installation. it works fine.

As noted the gr-osmosdr SDRplay library is missing some pieces. The receiver works great, the main problem is the SDRplay library just doesn't communicate well with other software right now. Once you get it compiled, try it first with the spectrum display. (see http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr), then try some receivers in gnuradio companion. If you run into problems with the library, see my postings in SDRplay related with some modifications that seemed to help. Once everything is working, then try the GSM and Tetra decoding and let us know how you make out.

...Doug, AH6DL
Last edited by AH6DL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:10 am

Hi Doug,

I have sent you a PM on the forum regarding testing. Can you please check it and let me know if you are ok with that.

Best regards,

SDRplay
Last edited by sdrplay on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.