New open source mirics driver

Add useful snippets of code or links to entire SDR projects.
SdrGuru

New open source mirics driver

Post by SdrGuru » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:56 pm

https://github.com/f4exb/libmirisdr-4

LibMiriSDR-4

This is (yet) another flavour of libmirisdr initiated with original libmirisdr-2 from Miroslav Slugen and additions of Leif Asbrink SM5BSZ in libmirisdr-3-bsz. Bear with me for the missing special characters on both authors names.

The initial release contains these improvements and bug fixes from the originals:
Improvements

Better support of SDRPlay through a "flavour" option in the open function. This indicator can be used throughout the code if necessary. At present it drives the frequency plan that drives the choice between the different receiving paths of the MSi001 depending on frequency.
Remove useless auto gain feature that is just fixed gain in fact. The setter/getter still exists for compatibility but effectively does nothing.
Set the RPATH on the executables so you don't have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH with the binaries installed by cmake.
Use Unix framework when compiling under Windows witn MinGW. This may fix possible bugs.
Use more meaningful variable names for what is actually gain reductions and not gains.
Some comments in the code were translated from Czech to English (Google translated) to ease understanding by the masses.

Bug fixes

Stop using a deprecated version of libusb.h (1.0.13) and rely on the one installed in the system or specified in the cmake command line.
Restore gain settings after a frequency, bandwidth or IF change as this affects the gain settings.
Corrected baseband gain setting.
Last edited by SdrGuru on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: No reason

N4TKO

Re: New open source mirics driver

Post by N4TKO » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:48 pm

how do i build this and specify the particular version of libusb to use? ever since i installed the latest API (2.09), i am limited to 2Mhz sample rate on both the RSP1 and RSP2, and the RSP2 has a fixed 0.200Mhz baseband filter (no matter what settings i use in gqrx or gnuradio). if i go over 2Mhz on the sample rate i get a kernel panic (ubuntu 15.10)

AB9IL

Post by AB9IL » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:29 am

Is this driver a replacement for the closed source api? Will it work with Soapy or gr-osmo dsp software?
Last edited by AB9IL on Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am, edited 0 times in total.

sdrplay

Post by sdrplay » Sat May 13, 2017 8:21 am

Just to be clear this is a reverse engineered driver. It is not a replacement for anything we provide. It is not supported or endorsed by us or Mirics in any way.

Best regards,

SDRplay Support